andyman82

TampaScan
Streaming Police/Fire/EMS non-stop here:

decided youtube is the best route because:
-Can rewind up to 12hrs
-Has chat
-Can see the channel info
-Can incorporate any aspect of live streaming

The channel is new, I plan on uploading interesting clips to the channel as well for saved content.

Really liking proscan for this since I can overlay the virtual display and it records everything. The remote control ability is HUGE, being able to hold a channel or change a setting completely remotely is just great!
Using an SDS200, all sound and data is through the lan port. I turn up the volume knob and listen through the speaker if i'm at that computer.
Streaming software is vMix.
Also recording locally on the scanner as a backup.

It'd be neat to expand it, like have a scanner/stream for just Tampa PD and the sheriff, and one for Fire/EMS but no way do I want to drop that kind of money. Two streams at once is no problem though. So someday, MAYBE....

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Even our local PD I only listen to because there’s a big delay between when PD is notified of a fire or EMS run and the time it takes for the fire board to drop our tones. Sometimes it’s almost equal but most times it’s minutes between. Otherwise I’d even have my local PD locked out. But no worries. I know a lot of people listen for the police more than fire or EMS. I see that every day looking at the numbers for my stream that’s only fire and EMS vs another that has PD as well.

No need to pull the PD on occasion if it’s getting you views. :)

andyman82

TampaScan
Even our local PD I only listen to because there’s a big delay between when PD is notified of a fire or EMS run and the time it takes for the fire board to drop our tones. Sometimes it’s almost equal but most times it’s minutes between. Otherwise I’d even have my local PD locked out. But no worries. I know a lot of people listen for the police more than fire or EMS. I see that every day looking at the numbers for my stream that’s only fire and EMS vs another that has PD as well.

No need to pull the PD on occasion if it’s getting you views. :)

There's only a handful that listen, really it's just a great way for me to listen to it from anywhere with low latency.
Still a few checkmarks to do for the stream to call it 'completed' and streaming autonomously, but i'm not in a rush to finish those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.