Tapatalk support has been disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
So with the demise of Tapatalk support, is there any plan, or even interest by site admins to develop an app that might include forum access and database access? It would be amazing to have the ability to search database and FCC info with a couple taps vs. trying to do it through the mobile site. Imagine searching for FCC licenses within x miles of my current location without having to cut and paste lat / long, or simply summiting a license entity query from an app data entry field vs going through all the mobile browser pages. Think of the data savings from the mobile user end. The possibilities are amazing! This alone would increase the utility of the site and thus the value of an RR.com subscription by multiple times.

Click here:

Sounds like you've already seen it, but provides quick access.

You can also bookmark specific areas on your mobile device for even quicker access:

Last edited:

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
Click here:

Sounds like you've already seen it, but provides quick access.

You can also bookmark specific areas on your mobile device for even quicker access:

I've used that in a pinch, but as someone who travels extensively, I don't always know what zip code I am in, let alone what county. The info on the mobile pages is very watered down. It doesn't tell me what TGs are encrypted for one. I very rarely use a laptop or desktop to access RR.com and I used Tapatalk to keep up on the forum. I'm afraid that now I will very rarely visit the forums since the ease of access is gone.
I think there is a huge positive potential for an app custom designed for the RR community and I bet with a well designed app and active development, most would have no problem dropping a few $$ one time to purchase it while maintaining our subscriptions. Something for the admins to consider anyway.

S

simpilo

We are in Lindsay's house. Good thing to support his decision. If not, well, won't do anyone any good complaining. I see Lindsay's reasoning is reasonable. Tapatalk never impressed me but I never complained about it. When a man makes up his mind it's the final decision.

cryppie

Curious what kind of decline you saw on your web traffic since tapatalk was no longer supported. Could you share? I know I was a regular visitor multiple times per day when tapatalk worked but have only been back to the site twice since it lost support. Surely I'm not the only one.

Thanks!

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I guess this is why I haven't been active and today is my first time using it via "mobile" forums. Not impressed. Yikes.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I'm sure it's just me. Unless im not actually in mobile view. Looks just like the website.

I'm not leaving open the browser so I can get notifications.

Hit_Factor

I close the browser when finished. When I log back in the bell icon gives me notifications.

I had to set it up in the RR site preferences under notifications to get it to behave that way.

Maybe there are a few settings you can explore that will make you forget about tapatalk.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
So, the answer is, "No"?

See this post...

Status
Not open for further replies.