Tapped radio for FMPCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterrat

Premium Subscriber
I finally tapped an old scanner that I had, works great and is decoded by an old version of DSD+. I normally run FMP/DSD with 2 dongles for a trunked NXDN system but have decided to implement the tapped radio for the control to help keep up with the 2 times a day the control switched frequencies. How can I get FMP CC to recognize the scanner for the control? I am running dsd101. Thanks

M105

I finally tapped an old scanner that I had, works great and is decoded by an old version of DSD+. I normally run FMP/DSD with 2 dongles for a trunked NXDN system but have decided to implement the tapped radio for the control to help keep up with the 2 times a day the control switched frequencies. How can I get FMP CC to recognize the scanner for the control? I am running dsd101. Thanks

You don't. FMP is a dongle tuner/receiver. If you want to use the tapped scanner for the control channel receiver, first connect its tapped audio to the line-in or microphone input on your computer. Then set up a copy of DSD+ with its audio input source set to the whatever the scanner is connected to with the -rc parameter specified. That DSD+ CC will then control the VC copy of FMP.

By the way, the fastlane version will follow the control channel changes on the NXDN system.

Last edited:

waterrat

Premium Subscriber
Okay, I think I get it now, Thanks. I have heard about the fastlane stuff, how do i get hooked up with that?

Dog

Okay, I think I get it now, Thanks. I have heard about the fastlane stuff, how do i get hooked up with that?

The information to sign up is in the DSDPlus.txt file in the DSD+ folder. You can do a search of the sight for "fastlane" to get more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.