Tapped scanner > FMP CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

slicerwizard

You're running DSD+ in control channel mode (-rc) and monitoring a P25 control channel and during Phase 1 calls there are no .traffic files in the DSD+ folder? I would check the "Current working directory" reported by CC DSD+ when it starts.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
You're running DSD+ in control channel mode (-rc) and monitoring a P25 control channel and during Phase 1 calls there are no .traffic files in the DSD+ folder? I would check the "Current working directory" reported by CC DSD+ when it starts.

Everything is in the same folder.

C:\Users\Randy's PC 1\Desktop\DSDplus>DSDPlus -rc -i1 -v3 -f151.3925 -wsl400.2 -wss100.200 -wel0.1 -wcl0.445 -wes400.520 1>>CC.log

DSD+ 2.39
Program role is control/rest channel decoder
Source audio waveform window origin set to (400,2)
Source audio waveform window dimensions set to 100x200
Event log window origin set to (0,1)
Channel window origin set to (0,445)
Event log window dimensions set to 400x520
Appending synthesized audio to file 'CC-DSDPlus.wav'
Current working directory is "C:\Users\Randy's PC 1\Desktop\DSDplus"
23 frequency records loaded
1105 radio records loaded
149 group records loaded
6 site records loaded
4 network records loaded

audio input device #1 = 'Line In (Realtek High Definitio'
audio input device #2 = 'VB CABLE (VB-Audio Virtual Cabl'

audio output device #1 = 'Speakers (Realtek High Definiti'
audio output device #2 = 'VB CABLE (VB-Audio Virtual Cabl'

audio input device #1 (Line In (Realtek High Definitio) initialized
audio output device #1 (Speakers (Realtek High Definiti) initialized

P25 Phase 1 decoding enabled

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Well, I'm out of ideas. You should escalate this to the DSD+ folks.

Wait, last idea - is your monitoring threshold (t/T) set too tight?

Yup, I don't get it either. I'll check the t/T. I wonder if a two dongle operation would be better/different than a tapped scanner for the CC input?

Seems like there is something with taking out the input of CC data from port 20001 when using a tapped scanner versus a SDR dongle and FMP-CC.

Mind boggling. Surely there must be someone that is using a tapped scanner for the CC input and a dongle for the VC part of the operation.

Maybe not.

Is this forum how the DSD folks keep up on issues with the program?

Thanks for the help in any case. I'm sure there is some way out of this problem.

Weird that it all works with Unitrunker DSD+ working together.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
I adjusted the t/T during a voice call (seen in CC monitor) but it affected nothing that I could see. FMP window still blank. No audio out the speakers.

Sigh.:mad:

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Yup, I don't get it either. I'll check the t/T. I wonder if a two dongle operation would be better/different than a tapped scanner for the CC input?

Seems like there is something with taking out the input of CC data from port 20001 when using a tapped scanner versus a SDR dongle and FMP-CC.

Mind boggling. Surely there must be someone that is using a tapped scanner for the CC input and a dongle for the VC part of the operation.

Maybe not.

Is this forum how the DSD folks keep up on issues with the program?

Thanks for the help in any case. I'm sure there is some way out of this problem.

Weird that it all works with Unitrunker DSD+ working together.

You could certainly try getting a second dongle, it may well get you up and running.

morfis

My working version as posted earlier is on a windows 10 machine. Works fine on 7 and 8.1 too. Wouldn't have a clue about vista (and don't have a VM of it to try it here)

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
My working version as posted earlier is on a windows 10 machine. Works fine on 7 and 8.1 too. Wouldn't have a clue about vista (and don't have a VM of it to try it here)

Could you cut & paste in a reply message your DSDPlus-CC.bat, FMP24-VC.bat, and DSDPlus-VC.bat

And confirm your setup is with a tapped scanner for the control channel input?

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Yes. I ordered a second dongle last night. I really want to figure out why a tapped scanner isn't working as advertised.

Alright. I got my second SDR dongle,,, and, I still cannot get this to work. Just like the tapped scanner, the CC decode works using dongle #1 and cc.bat/FMP24-cc.bat. But the FMP24-VC.bat/DSD+VC.bat don't do anything when a voice call shows in progress on the cc side.

Sheesh.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Alright. I got my second SDR dongle,,, and, I still cannot get this to work. Just like the tapped scanner, the CC decode works using dongle #1 and cc.bat/FMP24-cc.bat. But the FMP24-VC.bat/DSD+VC.bat don't do anything when a voice call shows in progress on the cc side.

Sheesh.
Set up two files for the control channel FMP CC 24.bat and Control Channel.bat then create a the voice channel files FMPVC.bat and voice channel.bat if you follow the steps in the road me and other instructions that have been published you should be able to get trunking with if you create the above files. I can send you a copy of a working pair of files if you want to send me email address via PM so you can see how they are constructed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Set up two files for the control channel FMP CC 24.bat and Control Channel.bat then create a the voice channel files FMPVC.bat and voice channel.bat if you follow the steps in the road me and other instructions that have been published you should be able to get trunking with if you create the above files. I can send you a copy of a working pair of files if you want to send me email address via PM so you can see how they are constructed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
PM sent

morfis

Could you cut & paste in a reply message your DSDPlus-CC.bat, FMP24-VC.bat, and DSDPlus-VC.bat

And confirm your setup is with a tapped scanner for the control channel input?

1a.bat
DSDPlus -rc -i3 -v3 >>cc.log

2a.bat
FMP24 -i9 -o20002 -rv

3a.bat
DSDPlus -rv -Pwav -i20002 -v3 >>tc.log

Status
Not open for further replies.