Tariffs & Price Increases on Scanners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Chevy is probably "killing off" the Impala because very few people are buying sedans anymore. Suv's, crossover's and trucks are leading the automobile market in sales.

I will always be a sedan person. Honda better not stop making sedans. I am NOT interested in a truck, suv, or any other gas (or electricity when we get there) guzzling behemoth. It is absolutely asinine. The rest of the world is mostly sedans and small compact cars and they're smart for that. Wait until fuel/electricity prices go up again. If they want to sell more vehicles maybe they should drop the ridiculous prices on them.

On topic with the original post of this thread: I have not been keeping up with prices on most scanners but I have been looking at the SDS100 and thus far it does not appear that the price has changed, unless you count websites charging sales tax now (in excess of $65.00 plus). I was waiting to buy an SDS100 until I got to see more reviews and they have been out longer, the same as I do with any expensive item. But now part of me wishes that I had just bitten the bullet and gotten it before December 1st ...

Oh well. I am saving up anyway, I do not like to buy items unless I can pay for it right away. I don't want a credit card balance.

scannersnstuff

In less than a week, the Whistler ws-1040 on Amazon, went from $219.00 to $234.00. I'm pretty sure the bcd325p2, went up in price too.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
In less than a week, the Whistler ws-1040 on Amazon, went from $219.00 to $234.00. I'm pretty sure the bcd325p2, went up in price too.

For what it's worth, the BCD325P2 price has always fluctuated on Amazon. I know because I know someone who was watching it for the better part of 12 months waiting for it to drop low enough to want to buy it. They ended up getting it for a birthday gift so it's moot now but I do recall it fluctuating.

Not sure about Scanner Master or any of those sites though.

Go for it! You won't be disappointed... This thing can do great things trust me lol :cool:
Don't hesitate!!! I love mine! The TSYS function 'bout drove me crazy BUT MILF, N1GAW, and others fixed it right up :cool:
Don't forget the batteries and/or external charger....

Scanner_Rider

With the exception of the Radio Shack 200channel handheld scanner I bought in 2007 for $100 which at the time was the stores normal price and a real good savings, factoring in inflation, the price of my scanners haven't really increased since the 1970s.

My first scanner that used 8 crystals in 1975 ran my father about $160 from the local retailer and an average weekly paycheck in our area was about $210 a week.

In 1990 I paid $230 or $240 for a scanner and was earning about $375 a week.

Then came the $100 handheld while I was earning About $500 a week.

When I bought my digital/analog scanner two years ago, it ran me in the $420 range while average salary in my sector in this area was around $700 a week and I bought the same model scanner for my girl friend in October when her scanner died for $425.

Buying three scanners at a rate of one about every 20 years, they all tended to run about 2/3 of the amount of a weeks gross pay.

DJ11DLN

I am more annoyed with the sales tax thing than with the tariffs. All companies now have to collect IN state sales tax (7%) on all purchases shipped to an address here, unless the buyer has an exempt status. That's $28 bucks on a $400 purchase, and that stings a bit. And unlike the tariff thing, it is not likely to ever go away.:mad:

EBAY Sales Tax

I am more annoyed with the sales tax thing than with the tariffs. All companies now have to collect IN state sales tax (7%) on all purchases shipped to an address here, unless the buyer has an exempt status. That's $28 bucks on a $400 purchase, and that stings a bit. And unlike the tariff thing, it is not likely to ever go away.:mad:

I bought my expandable antenna for my WS1040 from a guy in Idaho and he charged me sales tax. I DON'T live there... :roll: :roll: :mad:

I feel your pain DJ :D

Status
Not open for further replies.