Tarrant County Fire Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottm467

Recently I've been hearing Tarrant CO FA dispatching out FD's in NW Tarrant County on individual agency channels and sending them all to "Tarrant County Fire Alarm Channel 1" after they respond. Does anyone have info on this channel?

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroup 7446 on Layer 2 is "TCFA Fire 1". It's been submitted to the database, but not added yet. From my very limited monitoring lately, I believe they're using this new channel as a multi-agency structure fire response channel, instead of Fire IO 8 like they had been doing in recent months. However, I've still heard activity on Fire IO 8 for recent fires. I believe there's a lot of changes taking place, and it's all likely to continue to evolve.

There are also
TCFA Fire 2 7448
TCFA Fire 3 7450
TCFA Fire 4 7452
TCFA Fire 5 7454
TCFA Fire 6 7456

Also of note, a Fort Worth City Council Agenda item indicates that Lake Worth and Saginaw may be dispatched by Fort Worth.
https://fortworthgov.legistar.com/View.ashx?M=F&ID=8277604&GUID=2B679BEA-EEA5-4579-AA07-DF4365A20266

You may have also noticed that Lake Worth and Saginaw units are now referred to as 110 and 114, 214, etc. I imagine the extra leading "1" is to help distinguish Lake Worth Station 10 and Saginaw Station 14, units from Fort Worth's own Station 10 and 14 units.

Ben

Last edited:

Harold

Premium Subscriber
I have also heard those references to the TCFA channels but have been too busy these days to research and submit. Did hear Lake Worth go out as Eng. 110 just the other day.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
Just heard Dispatch Debbie doing a test on the FWFD Locution Talkgroup, testing the Lake Worth and Saginaw dispatch announcements.

GregHiggins

Premium Subscriber
On Monday, June 1st, starting at noon, the FWFD will begin dispatching Saginaw and Lake Worth Fire incidents. Other county department will be added at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.