Tarrant County Regional Water District Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottm467

Tarrant County Regional Water District PD patrols Eagle Mt Lake. They used to be dispatched by Azle PD on Azle's VHF channels. Since Azle that has gone to the Ft Worth Regional Radio System, who dispatches for TCRWD PD and what radio system are they on now??? Thanks in advance.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I've occasionally heard some activity on 937.175, PL 97.4. Seems like it's usually been during events.

AA5ST

Tarrant County Regional Water District Lake Patrol at Eagle Mountain Lake was on Azle's old Fire Channel 154.0550 this last weekend talking to Azle PD and running boat tx numbers.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how to get the LCNs? I've been trying to build this DMR system from the ground up and I really just do not know how to get these LCNs. I used to use LCN finder but that was so long ago and I know it would not work today on a digital signal. Thanks for this information also.

4 years, the TRWD game wardens used 153.635. This is what I had in my undercover scanner banks because it was used a lot for surveillance on illegal fisherman, poaching, and some other surveillances I just wasn't really sure what they were doing. They were completely unlisted on this frequency as well and I know with 100% certainty it was them because they identified who they were after about 2 or 3 months of listening. It was a simplex frequency as well but in Lake Worth I could usually hear them. I even heard some S&R types of operations at least a time or two out on Eagle Mountain Lake. But I think that did miss traffic also that I just wasn't within range of here where I live which is Lake Worth. I've had that frequency in for the last few days but I haven't heard of peep on it. My SDS200 keep showing a DMR color code of 11 but I'm not sure exactly what's going on there. I know there is some VHF DMR but it's pretty uncommon. I haven't heard any voice on the frequency in a long time and I think they dropped using it about three or four years ago at least. But it's hard to say that for sure since I had it programmed in incorrectly on my SDS100 and my BCD436HP. I didn't realize it until just a few days ago when I was comparing it with my old BCD396XT radio. I got to looking at my database and realized I had mistakenly programmed the wrong information in. But I still think I would have come across it through the years as I searched the VHF Hi band. Who can really say?

It doesn't look like anybody has made any effort to build this TRWD DMR system, and as much as I hate to admit it, I've just been grabbing DMR systems from RR and I really don't know how to find the LCN numbers now. I can tell that the frequencies at the link show to be both voice and data emissions and I'm wondering if this is going to be a TRS or possibly single frequency DMR channels? I guess I can program my radios as single frequency DMR entries and see what happens. I'm trying to learn more about how to really and truly program DMR into the scanner from scratch. If anyone knows any good resources, please share the link and I'd appreciate it.

(Sent using Google Voice to Text due to my vision/please excuse any errors I missed)

Brian (COMMSCAN)
KI5FLE

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how to get the LCNs? I've been trying to build this DMR system from the ground up and I really just do not know how to get these LCNs. I used to use LCN finder but that was so long ago and I know it would not work today on a digital signal. Thanks for this information also.

4 years, the TRWD game wardens used 153.635. This is what I had in my undercover scanner banks because it was used a lot for surveillance on illegal fisherman, poaching, and some other surveillances I just wasn't really sure what they were doing. They were completely unlisted on this frequency as well and I know with 100% certainty it was them because they identified who they were after about 2 or 3 months of listening. It was a simplex frequency as well but in Lake Worth I could usually hear them. I even heard some S&R types of operations at least a time or two out on Eagle Mountain Lake. But I think that did miss traffic also that I just wasn't within range of here where I live which is Lake Worth. I've had that frequency in for the last few days but I haven't heard of peep on it. My SDS200 keep showing a DMR color code of 11 but I'm not sure exactly what's going on there. I know there is some VHF DMR but it's pretty uncommon. I haven't heard any voice on the frequency in a long time and I think they dropped using it about three or four years ago at least. But it's hard to say that for sure since I had it programmed in incorrectly on my SDS100 and my BCD436HP. I didn't realize it until just a few days ago when I was comparing it with my old BCD396XT radio. I got to looking at my database and realized I had mistakenly programmed the wrong information in. But I still think I would have come across it through the years as I searched the VHF Hi band. Who can really say?

It doesn't look like anybody has made any effort to build this TCRWD DMR system, and as much as I hate to admit it, I've just been grabbing DMR systems from RR and I really don't know how to find the LCN numbers now. I can tell that the frequencies at the link show to be both voice and data emissions and I'm wondering if this is going to be a TRS or possibly single frequency DMR channels? I guess I can program my radios as single frequency DMR entries and see what happens. I'm trying to learn more about how to really and truly program DMR into the scanner from scratch. If anyone knows any good resources, please share the link and I'd appreciate it.

(Sent using Google Voice to Text due to my vision/please excuse any errors I missed)

Brian (COMMSCAN)
KI5FLE

The LCN Finder on your SDS200 will work on both DMR and NXDN systems. (That also applies to the SDS100, as well as the 436HP & 536HP.)

However, for the frequencies listed for Location 1 on the license, 462.025 and 463.700, there are several other licensees for each in Tarrant County, including some licensed for DMR. No guarantee, of course, that DMR is in use, but they are licensed. The same frequencies also show licenses in Dallas County, so you may have to sort out who's who to get a better starting point. The Tarrant County Regional Water District license is for conventional, not trunked, usage. But there are a number of examples where a user showing as IG, but actually operating as trunked.

The two frequencies for Location 3, 461.5625 and 462.475, each only have one other licensee in Tarrant Count, and those are not showing as licensed for DMR. But there are also licensees in Dallas & Denton County for both 461.5625 and 462.475.

I would suggest that for whichever of the Tarrant County locations are closest to you, that you enter those frequencies as One Frequency Trunked systems (OFT), with the color code set to 'search'. If you receive something on either, you'd see an indication on the screen that it's Conventional, or one of the trunked types such as Connect or Capacity. Setting it as a OFT would also show you whether talkgroups are used. If you can get enough transmissions, then you might be able to weed TCRWD usage from someone else. If these are being used as Conventional, not trunked, you can leave them in an OFT system to sort out any talkgroups in use.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
The LCN Finder on your SDS200 will work on both DMR and NXDN systems. (That also applies to the SDS100, as well as the 436HP & 536HP.)

However, for the frequencies listed for Location 1 on the license, 462.025 and 463.700, there are several other licensees for each in Tarrant County, including some licensed for DMR. No guarantee, of course, that DMR is in use, but they are licensed. The same frequencies also show licenses in Dallas County, so you may have to sort out who's who to get a better starting point. The Tarrant County Regional Water District license is for conventional, not trunked, usage. But there are a number of examples where a user showing as IG, but actually operating as trunked.

The two frequencies for Location 3, 461.5625 and 462.475, each only have one other licensee in Tarrant Count, and those are not showing as licensed for DMR. But there are also licensees in Dallas & Denton County for both 461.5625 and 462.475.

I would suggest that for whichever of the Tarrant County locations are closest to you, that you enter those frequencies as One Frequency Trunked systems (OFT), with the color code set to 'search'. If you receive something on either, you'd see an indication on the screen that it's Conventional, or one of the trunked types such as Connect or Capacity. Setting it as a OFT would also show you whether talkgroups are used. If you can get enough transmissions, then you might be able to weed TCRWD usage from someone else. If these are being used as Conventional, not trunked, you can leave them in an OFT system to sort out any talkgroups in use.

Thanks for the reply back and for that extra information also. That is also exactly how I wound up programming figuring the traffic would still be heard if I programmed it in the OFT mode. But I did not realize there were so many other users in surrounding areas on most of those frequencies.

I went ahead and left the radio going today and recording also using ProScan to log what I was hearing in the recording. Within the TRWD favorites list, I created a second conventional system with the listed and unlisted old Azle conventional frequencies also. I even went ahead and put in 156.8, marine channel 16, and then the 153.635 frequency that they used to use for those law enforcement operations in simplex. Right off the bat I started getting some really clear traffic on 153.635 and it was DMR traffic using CC 13. But as I looked that frequency up I noticed that Anderson County Texas and out towards the Palestine, Texas area this frequency was part of a electric co-op or company and their DMR VHF system out that way. That's a pretty good ways away but I think that 2-meters might have been open this morning so I'm guessing that there might have been a little bit of ducting going on?

I know The TRWD would sometimes be heard on the 156.8 frequency even though that wasn't their operational frequency. It's just that standard maritime channel 16 emergency designated frequency that I've heard the US Coast Guard Auxiliary on before both on Lake Worth and Eagle Mountain Lake.

I need to try and use the SDS 100/200 LCN Finder again. I haven't tried using it too much but it is built into the radio so it should hopefully work. I don't see very well and I had completely forgotten about it being in there to be honest.

If I'm able to get anything new confirmed, I'll be sure to post it here. Thanks again for the help and the reply!

Brian (COMMSCAN)
KI5FLE

(Sent using Google Voice to Text. Please excuse any errors I could not see)

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply back and for that extra information also. That is also exactly how I wound up programming figuring the traffic would still be heard if I programmed it in the OFT mode. But I did not realize there were so many other users in surrounding areas on most of those frequencies.

I went ahead and left the radio going today and recording also using ProScan to log what I was hearing in the recording. Within the TRWD favorites list, I created a second conventional system with the listed and unlisted old Azle conventional frequencies also. I even went ahead and put in 156.8, marine channel 16, and then the 153.635 frequency that they used to use for those law enforcement operations in simplex. Right off the bat I started getting some really clear traffic on 153.635 and it was DMR traffic using CC 13. But as I looked that frequency up I noticed that Anderson County Texas and out towards the Palestine, Texas area this frequency was part of a electric co-op or company and their DMR VHF system out that way. That's a pretty good ways away but I think that 2-meters might have been open this morning so I'm guessing that there might have been a little bit of ducting going on?

I know The TRWD would sometimes be heard on the 156.8 frequency even though that wasn't their operational frequency. It's just that standard maritime channel 16 emergency designated frequency that I've heard the US Coast Guard Auxiliary on before both on Lake Worth and Eagle Mountain Lake.

I need to try and use the SDS 100/200 LCN Finder again. I haven't tried using it too much but it is built into the radio so it should hopefully work. I don't see very well and I had completely forgotten about it being in there to be honest.

If I'm able to get anything new confirmed, I'll be sure to post it here. Thanks again for the help and the reply!

Brian (COMMSCAN)
KI5FLE

(Sent using Google Voice to Text. Please excuse any errors I could not see)
If you see a number of hits (in ProScan) for a specific Color Code/Frequency combo, then you might try running a Discovery session on the frequency. Then, in your Discovery session results, you'd have a set of recordings that can be sorted together along talkgroup IDs. Having a number of recordings to piece together into a set that you can listen to might help to identify user & usage.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
I've been letting both the DMR and Azle conventional frequencies scan the last few days. And I'm finding that the TRWD is definitely using the Azle, both listed and unlisted, frequencies like Michael had mentioned.

I've not heard any traffic on the DMR frequencies however. In fact I'm going to check again and make sure I have things programmed correctly with the DMR frequencies because I would have thought at least one of the users on some of those frequencies would have been received by now.

I don't remember if 154.025, a frequency that popped up and was not listed with Azle and the FCC but was being used by Azle FD before they went to the FWRRS, actually replaced Azle FD 154.055 or not? But I do know that both of those frequencies seem to be getting used by TRWD as well as the common Azle PD conventional frequency, I believe they're PD2, and a few others. I don't know where I came up with the frequency 159.225 for Azle but I am hearing traffic on that frequency. But it doesn't appear to be the TRWD guys. I'm actually wondering who it might be because there isn't anything else close listed that I have found.

I'm going to do a little more research as I'm sitting at the radio this weekend. I'm definitely getting some tones that are DTMF tones and I assume they're being used to open up doors at the TRWD facility. It's been awhile since I've even seen where they are at? I remember their old facility close to the dam but I don't know if they've moved in the last 10 years or more? So I don't know for sure what those DTMF tones might be for. But there's also some other tones that come across I believe more than one frequency that are just single tones. It doesn't sound like data for water levels or anything like that. It's just a clear, single tone that comes across and I'll have to double-check what frequency or frequencies that might be on.

I feel like there may be some other TRWD frequencies in use due to the lack of traffic throughout the day. But then again, with all that's going on right now there may not be a lot of people getting out on the lake at Eagle Mountain Lake also? I'm also receiving more than I usually used to hear traffic on the Marine Channel 16, AKA 156.8, and there's a PL tone with the traffic also. I don't think there's normally any PL tones on that frequency so that one has me a little curious. I don't know if a marina might be using it or not but somebody's using it. I just haven't heard enough to know who it is.

These guys are likely going to be on the FWRRS before too long from what I've heard. So I don't imagine they will be putting a whole lot of money or effort into doing anything with these VHF frequencies If that's true. I guess time will tell...

Brian (COMMSCAN)
KI5FLE

Sent using Google Voice to Text

Status
Not open for further replies.