Tarrant County TxDOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoleman

Seems like this question may have been asked in the past but searching for it has yielded no results.
Has Tarrant County Tx DOT gone to the FWRRS? I haven’t noticed any talk groups listed. Their vehicles have been sporting the multiband antenna for 12+ months now.
Thx

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Are you referring to the courtesy patrol/roadside assistance? If so, they have been on talkgroup 5930, Layer 2 for some time. If you are referring to other ops, as far as I know, they're still on VHF. I haven't noticed any new talkgroups that appear to be them.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
If you are referring to what's in the database for TxDOT, I'm not sure if it's actually up to date or not. Several of the licenses list P25 as an emission designator on the license so they may be using P25 conventional, but the database still shows them to be using analog. I have not had a chance yet to plug them in and see if I get any hits. I also have not seen any talkgroups on the FWRRS other than Tarrant County Sheriff roadside assistance. Also, NTTA roadside assistance and maintenance operates on the Megahertz system.

I know they are rolling out the TxDOT HERO program in South and Central Texas right now and they are on the SAUA P25 in San Antonio, LCRA system and the GATRRS system in Austin, so they may end up operating on the FWRRS, NCTCOG or other systems locally as they roll it out here in the next few months.

nd5y

Disable any tone decoding and see what you hear on their VHF channels.
Most TxDOT repeaters are dual mode P25/NFM.
Some places in the DFW area they may be using DMR now.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
Also, NTTA roadside assistance and maintenance operates on the Megahertz system.
Is that where they moved to? They were on Teamconnect, but their talkgroups went silent - I (and others) thought they might have been convinced to go to PTT over LTE by A-Beep (who bought the Teamconnect customers from PDV) Do you have the talkgroups they're on?

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
Is that where they moved to? They were on Teamconnect, but their talkgroups went silent - I (and others) thought they might have been convinced to go to PTT over LTE by A-Beep (who bought the Teamconnect customers from PDV) Do you have the talkgroups they're on?
Last I remember, they were on this system. I haven't listened to them in a few months. I think there was a thread about them a few months back that said they vacated the TeamConnect system a while back. Here's the system I last heard them on: Megahertz Technology Trunking System, Dallas/Fort Worth, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.