Tasmania police openMHZ

Lllsssrrr000

Premium Subscriber
Hi
I know there is a feed for Tasmania police on Broadcastify.
I wondered if this could be put on open MHZ so that you can listen to individual channels and filter what you want to hear

pb_lonny

Tas police are moving to a APCO P25 Phase 2 digital network, known as the "TasGRN". Very soon they will not be scannable at all.

pb_lonny

Is it going to be an entirely encrypted system or are other users like fire going to be in the clear?

TasPolice = 100% encrypted
Ambulance Tas = 90% chance some / all comms will be encrypted
Tas Fire Service = 50% chance some / all comms will be encrypted
Other Users = Possible but not likely.

NSW police are not operating in the PSN (GRN) allocation. They are still operating ENCRYPTED (hate that word) in the 467.900MHz to 469.400MHz in 12.5 KHz spacing. They are not trunking but single channel P25 I or APCO-25. Also NSW doesn’t call their government PSN networks GRN or Government Radio Network anymore, they call it PSN or as we all know Public Safety Network. The Government PSN is P25II trunking in the 406-423Mhz or there abouts. Our other PSN services are not ENCRYPTED (yet) and if or when they do it’s going to be a sad day.

Lllsssrrr000

Premium Subscriber
Okay
Thanks for the replies.
Just thought I’d ask while they are still scannable if somebody would be willing to put that system on open. MHZ.
Thanks.