Tassie Devil Radio Case: A Compact Win for My Portable Setup

pb_lonny

I recently stumbled upon the perfect solution for organizing my portable radio gear while on a routine trip to Supercheap Auto. I was actually there looking for some hand tools when I spotted this tool case in the clearance section for just $8.95. Curious about the size and build quality, I decided to give it a try, and I'm so glad I did.

The case is a decent size with a well-thought-out layout. I’m particularly impressed with the dividers—it allows me to customize the interior to fit my gear perfectly. The flexibility in how I can arrange everything makes it versatile, which is a big win for anyone who needs a setup that can handle different configurations.

Right now, I’ve managed to fit my Digitech DC1068 UHF CB (which doubles as a UHF receiver), a Digitech 0.5W UHF handheld, chargers, a couple of aerials, my aerial-building kit, and a handful of other accessories. This case has become my go-to for packing everything I need for portable monitoring sessions and experimenting with aerial builds. It keeps everything neat, secure, and ready for action whenever the mood strikes.

For the price, this case has exceeded my expectations. It’s lightweight, durable, and offers just enough space for everything I need, all while remaining compact enough to grab and go. Definitely a solid buy, especially for under $10! I have added a couple of Tassie Devil stickers, for our new Tasmania Devil AFL team, which will join the AFL in 2028.