Taste of Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicago2210

Tommrow the taste starts, frequences to keep an ear on are zone 4, CW 5, CW 6, and CW 7. For CFD Fire Main, fire gournd, EMS north, EMS command, and the EMS special event channels. I was at the Taste in person last year, and it did not see any gang fights or gatherings but then again I went at noon during the luch hour and saw planty of CFD Gators transporting people. Don't know how busey it will be this year what with no more july 3rd fireworks and the only fireworks show at Navy Pier on the 4th, but we shall see. If anyone has anything to add please feel free to do so.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
6-26-11...

City-Wide 6 is the primary Taste of Chicago channel in use.As 2210 mentioned, Zone 4 is the primary police Zone for downtown Chicago. EMS-Command and Special Events channels have been used by CFD EMS. Fire-Main if their's any fire-related runs. EMS Special Events Channel 7 was used yesterday, but that may change on a daily basis.

The Gay Pride Parade will be using City-Wide 4. I'm also hearing activity on EMS Command. I'm not close enough to hear, but i'm sure one of the EMS Special Events channels are in use. Zone 2 is the primary Zone in use, but Fullerton Ave.(2400 north) is also Zone 4 which encompasses the southern end of the parade route. I've heard most northside district tactical teams have been detailed to the parade route.According to the check in this morning, it was all xx62 tact teams.Expect a very busy day/night up in the area (as in year's past) for radio traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.