Taunton Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbuff

Feed Provider
last night Taunton fire had several fires around midnight, while in the city I tried to monitor Taunton PD during this time to hear their side of things. I received nothing on 483.0625 pl 203.5, I even put in Channel 2 483.6375 pl 203.5 still nothing. Anybody have info on any changes ?

garys

Premium Subscriber
Correct. They've been using it for a couple of weeks now. I don't know if there is an issue with Channel 1 or why they are using 2, but they are.

Should be 482.6375 (203.5)

jvaillancourt

Premium Subscriber
last night Taunton fire had several fires around midnight, while in the city I tried to monitor Taunton PD during this time to hear their side of things. I received nothing on 483.0625 pl 203.5, I even put in Channel 2 483.6375 pl 203.5 still nothing. Anybody have info on any changes ?

I saw on Scan NE the repeater is done and they are using channel 2 for the time being

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
482.6375 / 203.5 is the primary for the time being. The dispatcher is using a portable to dispatch. Something happened with the primary radio system about two weeks ago, loud clicking made all transmissions inaudible. The .6375 is operating from the Raynham water tank near Lowes as well, versus the Dana St cell tower where Fire is. (where .6375 had been in the past).. Also some units are using channel 4, which is the simplex channel of the frequency.

garys

Premium Subscriber
While I was out ane about yesterday I heard some of their radio traffic. There were several comments about the poor quality of the coverage and audio of the system.

If the transmitter is on the Raynhma/Taunton line, I can see why they might be having coverage issues.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
If the transmitter is on the Raynhma/Taunton line, I can see why they might be having coverage issues.
That is the location of their main repeater, but they use a multi site voting system for reception on their main. That location is fairly close to geopgraphic center of the city, and very high in elevation. The issue with reception stems from a number of cruisers using the simplex channel, and no voting system on this secondary channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.