Taxi Cab Freqs--Ft. Collns??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougw65

What if Sky King answers?
Premium Subscriber
Anyone have freq info for monitoring the taxis in Ft. Fun? Can't seem to find anything in the database for Larimer county

Thanks in advance.

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
If you know the names of the companies, you could search the FCC database. Sometimes the licensee's corporate name differs from the DBA name (doing business as).

They might be 'buying airtime' from a company that specializes in providing repeater access for businesses. If that is the case, the license would be in the name of the repeater company, not the taxi company.

You could also search the old traditional taxicab ranges of 152.27 to 152.465 base; 157.53 to 157.725 mobile (15 KHz spacing), and 452.05 to 452.5 (mobiles +5 MHz), 50 KHz spacing. Taxi company systems usually do not repeat the mobiles, which prevents cabs from getting into discussions with each other, interfering withdispatchers are trying to air calls. The procedures and terminology are very different from any other service, and if you haven't been around them, may take some time to figure out (or ask a driver). Good luck!

dougw65

What if Sky King answers?
Premium Subscriber
Thanks Phil, thanks Curt, for the info.. I'll let ya know if I come up with anything

de Doug AA0DW

keeton155

This has been, I dont know, 5-6 years ago but a driver told me that they were on a "private system" I dont know how that can be. A system that can be used from Fort Collins to DIA has to have a cc somewhere. Still, I havent run across them over the years.
Rick

eyes00only

This has been, I dont know, 5-6 years ago but a driver told me that they were on a "private system" I dont know how that can be. A system that can be used from Fort Collins to DIA has to have a cc somewhere. Still, I havent run across them over the years.
Rick

A wild guess would be a LTR system.

JK

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Did you guys look at the database link I posted earlier in this thread?

That is the LTR system Shamrock is on.

I believe that site is on Horsetooth Mountain W. of Fort Collins.

Status
Not open for further replies.