Taxi Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj0321

Action Taxi Dispatcher uses 464.9500 (Frequency) and the drivers user 469.9500 (Frequency) is there a way to put both frequencies together so i don't have to keep on flipping back and forth to listen to dispatcher and mobile units(cab drivers)

captclint

Mentor
Action Taxi Dispatcher uses 464.9500 (Frequency) and the drivers user 469.9500 (Frequency) is there a way to put both frequencies together so i don't have to keep on flipping back and forth to listen to dispatcher and mobile units(cab drivers)
Those freq's look like 464.9500 is a repeater, and the taxi's talk into it on 469.9500. If so, then you only need to listen to 464.9500(if this is a repeater, then you should both sides of the conversation equally well. If not, the be sure you have no delay set on either frequency.

N

N_Jay

Those freq's look like 464.9500 is a repeater, and the taxi's talk into it on 469.9500. If so, then you only need to listen to 464.9500(if this is a repeater, then you should both sides of the conversation equally well. If not, the be sure you have no delay set on either frequency.

Most taxi systems run full duplex non-repeated.

dj0321

So how is the dispatcher able to hear the taxi drivers without switching and i can't. I have to switch back and forth. Is the dispatcher doing the same thing?

N

N_Jay

He listens to the station input (taxi transmit) and he talks on the taxi receiver.

RKG

Not quite:

Taxis (a/k/a subscribers) use ordinary transceivers that Tx on Input and Rx on Output.

Dispatcher uses a radio (could be transceiver or base station) that Tx on Output and Rx on Input.

This is known as "two frequency simplex" and is used to prevent the drivers from using (tying up) the radio to chat with one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.