TAZCOM-Baffling To Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitbob3

I have both a Uniden BCD996T & a Uniden BCD396T. I have similar setups on each, but my BCD396T refuses to pick up the EDACS channels on the trunked side. I have the frequencies programmed in manually/conventionally as well in one of my banks on the 396 and they come in perfect. Any advice or suggestions in what I maybe doing wrong or what isn't set up right??? Do I need to have each EDACS Group in separate banks on the 396?? Many thanks in advance. I do live in the valley of Peoria Heights, but my 996 picks up the trunked Tazcom system with no hiccups. Its purrrrrrrrrs like a kitten as a matter of fact!!! View attached pictures to see what I mean.

:eek:

Attachments

• Tazcom 1.JPG
    Tazcom 1.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 128
  • Tazcom 2.jpg
    Tazcom 2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Tazcom 4.JPG
    Tazcom 4.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 102
  • Tazcom 5.jpg
    Tazcom 5.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Tazcom 6.JPG
    Tazcom 6.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

kraziebill

This probably won't be much help... The only thing I use TAZCOM for is to hear the Peoria Public Works. I can't use the stock antenna unless I'm standing outside with the BCD396T. Also, I only have the freqs for site 001 programmed in mine.

BTW, I'm on top of the hill by Glen Oak park.

nitbob3

Thanks Nevertheless!!!

It didn't quite answer my question posed, kraziebill, but I appreciate your insight.

:lol:

MFD4305

A Thought

I'm not at all certain about this: the only EDACS system I monitor has only a single set of frequencies used on multiple sites.
That said - I believe you can only enter one set of frequencies, in LCN order (important), per site. From your screen captures I get the impression that you've entered all of the freqs for all of the sites in one 'site.'
My suggestion would be to make each set of freqs a separate site in your TAZCOM/EDACS system. Again - just a guess. This suggestion is worth exactly what you paid me for it <grin>!
Good luck.

nitbob3

I'll give it a whirlly twirl

I shall give it a try later on. Got some running around town to do, but I promise to report back my findings. Thanks MFD4305 for chiming in on this one. Might just be all the help I need.

;)

cubn

Database Admin
I make different systems for the Tazcom TRS when I travel to the Peoria area. One system has site 101 where I can hear Tazewell County, Pekin, and Peoria talkgroups. I also make a separate site 003 system which I receive better on the eastern side of Tazewell County but I've only heard the county sheriff talkgroup on that site.

krazziebill: have you heard any talkgroups that are not currently listed in the database? Just wondering how accurate the talkgroup listing is.

nitbob3

By George, I think he's got it?!

Check out the attachment with this thread. I am pretty sure I set it up right now, or at least I hope so anyway, but it is working for the time being.

:D

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.