Tazwell Co Sheriff Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
Want to listen to Tazewell County Sheriff Dispatch. I have a BCD996XT Radio. I am using ARC-XT Pro software. I set up ID:273 for Creve Coeur, using CC 860.01250 & 858.58750. I did not hear any traffic. any suggestions on a different tower to use. I live in Chillicothe, 20 mile north of Peoria.

Want to listen to Tazewell County Sheriff Dispatch. I have a BCD996XT Radio. I am using ARC-XT Pro software. I set up ID:273 for Creve Coeur, using CC 860.01250 & 858.58750. I did not hear any traffic. any suggestions on a different tower to use. I live in Chillicothe, 20 mile north of Peoria.

You programed the wrong freq. It is 858.2625. That is the old set of freqs and you program the talkgroups in order of the way you started. Here is a link to show you what I mean so you understand: Tazewell County Public Safety (TazComm) Trunking System, Pekin, Illinois - Scanner Frequencies.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
Tazewell Co Sherriff Dispath

OK, STILL HEARING - NOTHING!
I programmed the Creve Coeur frequency of 0858.2625 you suggested into BCD996XT scanner. Did NOT hear a thing. Are you also using the ARC XT PRO software or a different provider. Sorry, but I have to ask: Did you get the information your shared from: actually running the site on your radio or just copied data from RadioReference's web site. I am doing something wrong. I hear TazCom on the Radio Reference Live Audio upload, but can't get anything on the scanner. This has me stumped. thank you for your help

OK, STILL HEARING - NOTHING!
I programmed the Creve Coeur frequency of 0858.2625 you suggested into BCD996XT scanner. Did NOT hear a thing. Are you also using the ARC XT PRO software or a different provider. Sorry, but I have to ask: Did you get the information your shared from: actually running the site on your radio or just copied data from RadioReference's web site. I am doing something wrong. I hear TazCom on the Radio Reference Live Audio upload, but can't get anything on the scanner. This has me stumped. thank you for your help

I got it from the website. I really dont know what else to tell you. The last time I listen I got something. I am not using any software. Try what you used before but program it in LCN order. That means dont just program the control channels. The only time you program control channels is with P25 systems and Motorola type 1 and 2 systems and hybrid systems also. You also need to program the talkgroups in order from the least number to the greatest number. This fourm I put might help also:http://forums.radioreference.com/harris-ma-com-ge-ericsson-forum/277215-programming-edacs.html.

Last edited:

llwade

Premium Subscriber
Tazewell Co Sheriff Dispatch

Sorry I was hoping for information from someone who had actually programmed their radio to hear Tazewell County not just read an article in Radio Reference.......... If anyone has actually programmed their scanner to hear Tazewell County in the past couple of months, I would appreciate your input. thank you

MikeyC

The last time I was down in the area, 3 or 4 months ago, they were still active on the Tazewell system so I don't think they've gone anywhere. Just remember, like the previous poster mentioned, this is an EDACS system and you need to program all of the channels for the tower, in the right order, and assign the appropriate LCN # to each channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.