TDCJ-ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

I heard a little birdie tell me that TDCJ-Institutional Division has moved to digital. They also told me that the transfer units did not have these radios yet. I would appreciate someone monitoring TDCJ, if nearby. If this information is accurate, it makes the RR DB inaccurate. I would appreciate any feedback or help.

Ensnared

I worked at Jester IV, Jester III Handicripple unit, and the former Ramsey II. I used to have to see folks in seclusion back when mental health workers were on call. This was when TDCJ was over Medical, Nursing, Psychiatry and Psychology.

Of course, it would not take a lot of digging to find whether digital transmissions were being used by examining the call sign and associated emissions designator codes.

Last edited:

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I worked at Jester IV, Jester III Handicripple unit, and the former Ramsey II. I used to have to see folks in seclusion back when mental health workers were on call. This was when TDCJ was over Medical, Nursing, Psychiatry and Psychology.

Of course, it would not take a lot of digging to find whether digital transmissions were being used by examining the call sign and associated emissions designator codes.
That only tells us what they are authorized. What’s actually in use can only be found from monitoring. I’ve seen several licenses coming up lately that authorize analog, DMR and NXDN on each freq.

Ensnared

I will get some inside information on this one. I will have to make a few calls. I know that Hilltop was using GMRS/FRS radios before I retired in 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.