tdma&uniden

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I am sure Uniden (like GRE) is keeping an eye on industry changes.

However from UPMans Bio Page:

UpMan < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

When is Uniden going to (fill in the blank)?
This is one of the most-asked questions that is almost never answered, so I'll answer it here.
...Release a new scanner
When we are ready to announce a new scanner, we'll announce it to everyone, and it won't be due to someone asking either in a forum or a private message. it will be because we are ready to announce a new scanner. We don't announce right now, right this minute for a few reasons:
We aren't ready to announce it, yet.
We don't want to give our competition a heads-up that we have a new model with particular features coming out...the longer we wait, the longer we maintain our competitive advantage with new features.
In the development process, as features are tested and refined, sometimes features are added, and sometimes features are dropped. Early announcements create a risk of "false claims" criticisms once the product is released.
There are some legal restrictions on promoting products that do not yet have certain approvals. Waiting until those approvals have been granted (or are just a day or two away) reduces greatly the complexity involved in making any such announcement.

So I guess we will need to wait until an announcement is made at some point.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
I can't wait for when they do announce something someday!
Marshall KE4ZNR

LMAO!!

To answer your question Fred, Yes.

I guess I can't think of a reason they wouldn't. (Unless they get sick of some of the more passionate among us, and stop making scanners all together.)

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
This seems to be the most asked question in the forum these days. You can bet it will happen, it's just a matter of timing. Just keep in mind that you will need to purchase a new radio once it's available to add P25 Phase II, and not just update firmware on the current TrunkTracker IV scanners.

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
Trying not to sound like a broken record or anything, but sure hope the new TDMA-capable radios will handle simulcast a little better than the current crop.

Status
Not open for further replies.