Teaneck Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkelso

Teaneck NJ as a town goes is expanding at a fevorish pace. The land scape is changing and a lot of newly construct multy storied buildings have and are going up. The need to expand Firefighters is number 1 priority to handle the increased workload. So the addition of a new squad. Teaneck is quickly going from a township to a city. But it breaks my heart to see how progress has ruined my once beautiful town.

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
Wait, about a year or less ago TFD sold off a Newer truck - Rescue, because they could not man it at times,
in the past when they had a spare engine - one that was being replace by a new one it would take the next number after Eng 4 , like the spare would be eng 5 or 6 if it ever had o be placed into service.
this Squad 23 number assign - to me- doesn't make sense a Squad 1 yes or eng 6 , how is it maned - from assigned manpower Rescue 1, which was not Rescue 11 or 21 41?
The joint dispatch with Hackensack along with Englewood has been discussed years ago.... S23 then makes sense IMHO
what say you

mrkelso

When There is a fire all the surrounding towns give aide. Bogota is called to man Headquarters, Hackensack helps fight the fire etc etc and so on. It's been this way for years but now it's a big deal. As far as number 23 goes i will ask my friend Chris the next time i see him, he's the guy in the shorts and sunglasses in the picture from the Teaneck story.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Teanecks old Rescue was sold to Ramsey Rescue Squad. It was sent out for refurb and is due back any day now from E-One. Ramseys Rescues Unit ID before merging with Saddle River Valley Rescue was Squad 23, short for Squad 423....

asnhnetwork

Wait, about a year or less ago TFD sold off a Newer truck - Rescue, because they could not man it at times,
in the past when they had a spare engine - one that was being replace by a new one it would take the next number after Eng 4 , like the spare would be eng 5 or 6 if it ever had o be placed into service.
this Squad 23 number assign - to me- doesn't make sense a Squad 1 yes or eng 6 , how is it maned - from assigned manpower Rescue 1, which was not Rescue 11 or 21 41?
The joint dispatch with Hackensack along with Englewood has been discussed years ago.... S23 then makes sense IMHO
what say you
Squad 23 is the replacement for Engine 3. Squad 24 will be the replacement for Engine 4 shortly. Both squads are capable for Rescue extrication.The numbering is for the dual dispatch with Hackenaack forthcoming so that is why the 2 prefix. Therebis no extra manpower as some would like to believe. Teaneck and Hackenaack are seeing explosive apartment growth.

jvdet

...sharing resources, automatic response without regard of municipal boundaries? in Bergen County?

is hackensack keeping the 300's or short it just to 30"s

If englewood ever makes up thier mind might they be numbered in the ten's (10,11..)

asnhnetwork

Ò
...sharing resources, automatic response without regard of municipal boundaries? in Bergen County?

is hackensack keeping the 300's or short it just to 30"s

If englewood ever makes up thier mind might they be numbered in the ten's (10,11..)
Englewood is going nowhere. They are staying in house at the PD Comm Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.