Tech question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1VINCE

...On some (if not most) of the older, conventional, GRE made Radioshack scanners, each radio has a chip named IC2, TK10420 chip in it that contains the scan control leg.
My question is - Do older model Unidens, i.e, 780xlt or 9000xlt or any have a similar chip with a scan control leg that can be accessed?

Im trying to make a Carrier Detection Light similar to that of the old mods done by Bob Parnass on the old PRO-2004/2006.

All my PRO base models have it and I was wondering if it is even possible on the Unidens.

Thanks in advance for the input.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
You could simply add an LED to the decriminator output on most scanners if you're trying to make a busy indicator?
n9zas

Squad10

Connecting the Tape Recorder

You can use a standard tape recorder or a VOX (Voice Operated Control) recorder.
To connect the recorder to the scanner, connect a cable with a 1/8 inch (3.5 mm) plug from
the tape recorder’s remote jack to the TAPE OUT jack on the back of the scanner. (Your
local electronics store should carry a wide selection of cables and tape recorders.) Refer to
the “Record” section under “Additional Features” in the manual.

Remember!

• You must mark a channel, ID, talkgroup, or bank for Recording in order for this
feature to work. The LINE icon appears on all channels that have been properly marked.

• This feature does not work if your scanner is set with MUTE ON.

Instead of activating a tape recoder, you could drive an LED that indicates channel activity. I believe the tip of the 3.5mm connector pulls to ground upon channel activity. It should source enough current to turn on an LED.

R1VINCE

Thank you both for the input, as I will experiment with both your suggestions and post pix of the finished products if i can(if i dont blow anything up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.