tech test today

Status
Not open for further replies.

k6cpo

In most cases, you should have had the FRN before taking the test. In our VEC we won't let anyone even take the examination unless they have already obtained an FRN through the FCC ULS. If they show up at the exam site without one, we will assist them in obtaining one on the spot.

If you didn't have an FRN when you took the examination, it could explain why it's taking so long for your call sign to show up. Again, I suggest you get in touch with the examining team and ask them to look into it.

speedwerx

OK thanks K6CPO, I'll give it till tomorrow and see if they list it. I gave them my SS# you don't have to have a frn but like you said it will delay it possibly.

k6cpo

Congratulations! I'm glad you finally got your call sign.

I looked you up on the ULS and found something interesting. According to the ULS, the FCC didn't even receive your application until today. That's a week and a half since you took the examination.

Here, our VEC submits the results to the FCC electronically and the information is usually in their hands by the first business day after the candidate takes the exam. It's not unusual for someone to take the test on Saturday and have their license or upgrade appear in the ULS on the following Monday.

In this electronic age, there is no reason for it to take a week and a half for a license to be issued. That kind of delay is inexcusable.

speedwerx

Great! Congratulations!

Dave
KD2BMU
Thanks

Congratulations man!!!
Thanks

Congratulations! I'm glad you finally got your call sign.

I looked you up on the ULS and found something interesting. According to the ULS, the FCC didn't even receive your application until today. That's a week and a half since you took the examination.

Here, our VEC submits the results to the FCC electronically and the information is usually in their hands by the first business day after the candidate takes the exam. It's not unusual for someone to take the test on Saturday and have their license or upgrade appear in the ULS on the following Monday.

In this electronic age, there is no reason for it to take a week and a half for a license to be issued. That kind of delay is inexcusable.
yeah I agree that may be a little long considering the technology we have today, but awell what do we do...wait huh. well I got it and made a great 1st contact with 4 other hams eventually joining in.

Status
Not open for further replies.