Technician License Study Guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesatter

Member - K4AFT
I want to start studying for my technician license but not sure which study guide would be the best and would appreciate any suggestions that you have, thanks in advance.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I read the West books, then used the online practice tests to gauge what I had learned and what areas I needed to work on more. When I got to the point of only missing 1 or 2 I was ready.

I missed 2 on the Tech and aced the General. Mr. West has an amazing teaching style as well. He doesn't only give you the questions and answers he explains the technology to go with it.

N0IU

However....

Check the date range of the material you are using! The current Technician test pool expires on June 30, 2014 and there will be a new set of questions starting on July 1, 2014.

You material will (or should) say something like "Effective 7-1-2010 through 6-30-2014" or "Effective 7-1-2014 through 6-30-2018".

If you are planning on taking your test before the end of June, make sure you pick the first one, but if you think you may want a little more time, pick the second one.

Good luck!

mikesatter

Member - K4AFT
From reading all the comments (RR) and book reviews, I am going to purchase the Gordon West book with the "Effective 7-1-2010 through 6-30-2014" date. I hope to be ready to take take the test on April 19th when it is given nearby. I will pickup a copy of the book this weekend, and I appreciate all the comments and advice!!!

drek

I recently purchased the ARRL Technician study guide. The content isn't hard to swallow... doesn't seem too bad.

LtDoc

Best suggestion I can think of is for you to become very familiar with the contents of that 'guide'. I'd also mix in using the on-line 'practice tests' to see how you are progressing. And the best advice I can give is to learn the 'why's and 'how comes' for all those questions. Can't do that in a few hours so figure on spending some time with tit.
Have fun!
- 'Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.