technician license

Status
Not open for further replies.

KO4IPV

Can someone please tell me how to take a ham technician license on line .

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
Can someone please tell me how to take a ham technician license on line .
Online testing is handled slightly differently in each area, and I'm assuming you are in the USA.

Ham radio license tests are administered by Volunteer Exam Coordinators (VECs) that are approved by the FCC to administer the exam. Some VECs offer remote testing, but many of them still do not.

There is some setup required with a webcam, a Zoom meeting, and possibly a qualified proctor – it all depends on which VEC you choose to administer your exam. Each VEC will have their own detailed requirements and instructions.

Before you get in touch with a VEC to try to schedule your exam, make sure you have studied for the exam and can easily score the 74% required to pass.

Hamradioprep.com: https://hamradioprep.com/ham-radio-license-test-online/

ARRL: Find an Amateur Radio License Exam in Your Area

HamStudy.org: HamStudy.org: Find a test session

GOOD LUCK!

K9DWB

QRT
How I got my Tech license at the end of July was to use the list on ARRL for a local VE test session. I found a test session nearby and contacted via the listed info. Mine was a traditional in-person test with mask wearing. But the same concept to search in your area would apply. These test sessions should state if they're on-line or not.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Online testing sounds very convenient. Some people that are handicapped would probably appreciate that very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.