Tecsun Tecsun PL-600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3TFC

Hello all!

I am looking at buying a portable all band SSB radio in the future and the Tecsun PL-600 is within my budget. I do like that it takes AA batteries unlike the PL-330 which I was also looking at but it uses those USB rechargeable batteries which I am not a fan of. Anybody here have experience with this radio? Does it use DSP? How would it compare to a Realistic DX-440 which I used to own 25-30 years ago?
Thanks! (y)

W8WCA

And there are a number of reviews on PL600

You might look at thePL660 or PL-680 They have Sync that is supposed to work

My take on what reviews I have seen the PL600 probably sounds better (With having a bigger speaker for one thing)

Last edited:

WA8ZTZ

The 600 is a lot of radio for the money. It is my go to radio when heading out to the field for some ultralight DXing.
If LW is your thing, be aware that sensitivity there needs some help with an inductively coupled wire antenna or loop.
Otherwise, a great radio for casual SWLing. Plenty to hear with just the whip but a plug-in external antenna will get
you more SW stations. The battery life with alkalines seems better than with the NiMH. Be sure that whatever you get has SSB
for ham and utility reception.

majoco

Stirrer
What WA8ZTZ said +1. My only gripe is that the clock runs slow so every month or so I have to bring it forward a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.