Tecsun PL-606 erratic behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR4BD

The PL-606 is an excellent, SMALL MW and FM receiver. I have traveled the world and cruised across oceans with it. It's small size and tremendous performance are second to none...BUT...after a few years of heavy use, BOTH the volume and tuning controls have become extremely unstable and erratic.

Does anyone have experience in fixing these issues or is this just another case where I throw it away and buy another?

Boombox

The PL-606 is an excellent, SMALL MW and FM receiver. I have traveled the world and cruised across oceans with it. It's small size and tremendous performance are second to none...BUT...after a few years of heavy use, BOTH the volume and tuning controls have become extremely unstable and erratic.

Does anyone have experience in fixing these issues or is this just another case where I throw it away and buy another?

No experience with Tecsuns, but have you considered a shot of Deoxit (or tuner cleaner) into the controls?

W4PM

Toss it and get a Pl-310et

I believe those controls are optical encoders. Radio not worth repairing. Get PL-310et to replace it. It's just a bit larger but much better to use. Amazon has them for $38.80. I have both the 606 and 310et.

Status
Not open for further replies.