Tecsun TECSUN PL-660 FM & SW Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhmod

Hello everybody
My PL-660 have two issues
:-[

1- The FM has no reception after 93.70Mhz but it works fine from 87Mhz to 93.70Mhz.
:'(

2- The SW has no reception at all, just noise without any stations.
:'(

Is there is anybody knows what I have to do to solve it ?
I know the basics of electronics and soldering and I have the necessary tools but I'm not expert enough to diagnosis the problem.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
That FM allocation is not for the US. That and with the dead SW bands, I'd return it.

And please, no bold stuff. It's considered shouting and a real no-no here....Mike

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Hello everybody
My PL-660 have two issues
:-[

1- The FM has no reception after 93.70Mhz but it works fine from 87Mhz to 93.70Mhz.
:'('(

2- The SW has no reception at all, just noise without any stations.
:'('(

Is there is anybody knows what I have to do to solve it ?
I know the basics of electronics and soldering and I have the necessary tools but I'm not expert enough to diagnosis the problem.

Is there something causing enough noise/interference to block those signals? If you are inside a building, try going outside, preferably away from buildings, and see how that works.

Boombox

SW will almost always have lots of noise. Right now, Shortwave conditions are not that great, and if you are located near a switching power supply or a computer or electronics -- they can put out noise on the SW bands. If you can, take your radio outside, especially at night, and tune the SW bands below 10 Mhz. You should at least hear some stations on most nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.