Ted Airlines (Operated by United)

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
If you're ever flying Ted airlines, most of the aircraft that are equipped with TVs and/or XM satellite radio for your listening enjoyment will have the TX/RX audio feed from the radio in the cockpit on channel 9 of the radio in your seat's arm rest. It's an awesome way to spend the flight! :)

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
United is the same way. I always thank the pilots for turning it on!

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Hi all,
I have flown UA over a dozen times this year and twice ch9 was not patched into ATC.

It is the pilots choice on every flight and they chose not to.once in awhile they "forget" but the likely reason, I have learned over the years, is they just don't want to for their own reasons.

Dave

n6766j

I fly American/Alaska/Horizon exclusively. They do not have any ATC feed, but I have my BC246T with Close Call technology. Works great!
(And we all now that these receivers don't interfere with any avionics aboard these aircraft.)

For the first time ever, I was able to follow my flight from JFK to Dallas to San Diego and not miss a beat!

As for the United flights, just ask the pilot as you board to activate channel 9. They are usually very accomodating in that regard.

MacombMonitor

mmartinfan said:
Ted is United.

ALL "Ted" equipment will have IFE. And Channel #9 is on all United planes.

That must explain what United did with all the pension money they screwed their employee's out of! :mad:

CLB

Channel 9 is awesome. Listened all the way from Jackson to Denver, then from Denver to Charlotte a few months ago.

Funny thing was, we had a Greek pilot. Could hardly make out what he was saying most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.