• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Ted Tones Out app for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFD

Sorry if this has been talked about before but I could not find anything by searching the site.

A fellow Fire Fighter in our county called tonight to ask about this application. I could find VERY little info online other then the very basic info about the app itself.

According to what I could find, this app allows the user to "page" a Motorola Minitor pager if the user knows the 2 frequency's. I honestly do not understand how this could work but hopefully someone on here knows about it and could let me know.

If you google Ted Tones Out you will see the application and the minimal details of the app.

I will also post a cut and paste of the information.

Thanks for your help with this!

Chris

Description
Two-tone (Motorola Minitor®) sequential pager dispatch generator.

Allows user input of tone frequencies, tone durations and an optional voice dispatch message.

Use cases:
* testing pagers
* local dispatch where policy allows
* backup in case dispatch center fails
* backup in case repeater fails

bezking

It looks like that app just generates and plays the tones out of the speaker or headphone jack; it doesn't actually transmit them over the air...

LFD

Thanks for the response.

I thought I had posted this message on the Motorola page but it somehow ended up on the Kenwood page. Not sure how I managed to do that but can this be moved to the Motorola page so it might generate further responses please?

Thanks,
Chris

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
I have used this app multiple times before. Basically it just plays the tones. The only way it could activate a pager is if you placed a radio near the phone and played the tones. I have done this a few times to test my tones in my pager(Don't worry, I changed my pager and radio to a FRS frequency, that way it would only set off mine). I like the app, BUT, it really is dangerous.. I have heard of an instance where someone used this app(or something like it) and randomly started setting off peoples pagers.. The local FD assumed they used an app similar to this and most likely used one of those cheap Chinese radios that can key into any frequency. In the wrong hands, this app can be dangerous. But besides that, its a pretty neat little app. I liked using it to confirm tones by ear. Like for example I found a list of our counties tones on the wiki and I wasn't sure how accurate they were. What I did was I put these into the app one by one and played them. From listening to the scanner enough, you can just tell by ear if the tones sounded correct.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
This app seems to have disappeared from the play store.

Has anyone been able to use the app with Lollipop? I do not want to "upgrade' to Lollipop until I can be sure this app will still work.

Sent via Tapatalk

This app seems to have disappeared from the play store.

Has anyone been able to use the app with Lollipop? I do not want to "upgrade' to Lollipop until I can be sure this app will still work.

I haven't been able to find it. Ill be looking for a good source to download it.

SCPD

QRT
Sorry if this has been talked about before but I could not find anything by searching the site.

A fellow Fire Fighter in our county called tonight to ask about this application. I could find VERY little info online other then the very basic info about the app itself.

According to what I could find, this app allows the user to "page" a Motorola Minitor pager if the user knows the 2 frequency's. I honestly do not understand how this could work but hopefully someone on here knows about it and could let me know.

If you google Ted Tones Out you will see the application and the minimal details of the app.

I will also post a cut and paste of the information.

Thanks for your help with this!

Chris

Description
Two-tone (Motorola Minitor®) sequential pager dispatch generator.

Allows user input of tone frequencies, tone durations and an optional voice dispatch message.

Use cases:
* testing pagers
* local dispatch where policy allows
* backup in case dispatch center fails
* backup in case repeater fails

I have used this app. Basically you plug in the tones that you need, and how long they are to play. You hold the phone upto the radio, key the radio, and play the tones. This will then alert the corresponding pagers. I have tested it and it does work well...just use it responsibly. I believe they marketed it for emergency backup paging and so on.

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
It really is a shame someone had to ruin it for responsible users. I've also used it for testing pager programming (on a simplex channel, not used for emergency users) and its worked well! I have it on my old phone and boot that up to test but its a pain! A friend of mine said you could download the .APK file on the current device its on to a new phone. but I cant find the file

Aww..Cummon now..Where for art thou are your inter-webs search skills...

Located in about 3 minutes..

Installed the APK on BlueStacks2....Installed & launched fine....

https://mega.nz/#!MQsmiBxT

DL Link is encrypted..PM for the key..

I already sent the key to a couple members..

Last edited:
.the exact loc is irrelevant...

Oh...and like anything you DL..use at own risk...
Im not responsible if you brick your gear..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.