Tell me what you would buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hackinstack

I have been playing around with my Icom R5 and R20 wideband receivers for awhile now, and have had some success, but now am looking for more functionality. My primary interest in listening is across the spectrum (ie... local police, shortwave, HF military, ACARS, etc..) but am looking for (hopefully) one receiver to "do it all" if possible...

I am definitely looking for something that I can hook up to a PC and is well-supported by software. Also, I'd like to keep it under $1K. I'm currently leaning towards the Icom ic-r2500, but I want to make sure I haven't missed another option.

Suggestions?

mciupa

I guess most people who browse the General Scanning forum tend to own scanners, so they by-passed this thread for a couple of days. :(

But, I read it, and had a look at the features of the IC PCR 2500 ,sounds like an excellent choice. Pretty cool virtual radio display for the PC.
I don't think Yaesu or AOR have anything comparable feature wise in that price range.

hackinstack

Thanks for the response mciupa!

I haven't found a whole lot of information on the blogs about it either. Most of what I have seen is either product reviews or sales info. I was hoping to find more people that own them that could point to hardware and software projects they've done with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.