Tempe AZ switched frequencies a few years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubberDuck

Premium Subscriber
i have the uniden bc246t. i listened to them switch to the new scanner freq one night and i was bummed. i havent looked into what scanner i need in a few years but i want to say the uniden scanner i need is the Uniden BCD396XT. help please i want to listen in again. minus how much it costs.lol

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
i have the uniden bc246t. i listened to them switch to the new scanner freq one night and i was bummed. i havent looked into what scanner i need in a few years but i want to say the uniden scanner i need is the Uniden BCD396XT. help please i want to listen in again. minus how much it costs.lol

I would ask in the Arizona forum. Members there monitor this system and can tell you which scanner models work the best. I personally prefer the 396 but it may not be the best choice to successfully monitor this system. :lol:

Last edited:

K2GMZ

The overall consensus and from personal experience, with my 996T, 396T and GRE PSR-600, the GRE radios work much better on the Phoenix area P25 simulcast systems (RWC) than the Uniden's. This been documented on these forums several times.

Having said that, I don't own the newer Uniden 396XT or 996XT because it seems the newer Uniden's aren't any better on simulcast systems than the older T models.

GRE Gets my vote

RubberDuck

Premium Subscriber
i want to say thank you for who have responded to my post. also im looking for a hand held scanner so i can go out side with in my back yard to listen to with an earpiece.

RubberDuck

Premium Subscriber
i whould like to know peoples thoughts on the gre psr 500 vs. the psr 800. on amazon the price diff is only 60 bucks. in my head id rather spend the extra 60 dollars and have the newest and the best. thoughts please.

JoeyC

Newest doesn't always = best.
If you want a smaller radio, one that is easier to program with a minimal of control over it, pick the 800.
Pick the 500 if you want a great radio that you can control and program the way YOU want.
If you know radios, you want the 500. If you just want to listen, you probably want the 800.

Status
Not open for further replies.