Tempo CS 15 VHF batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

bergg

Premium Subscriber
I bought three of these hand held VHF transceivers from Henry Radio in the 80s. They are good radios but are no longer manufactured.

I need new batteries for them, but have been unable to locate.

Would anyone know where I could get new batteries?

Thanks, Bob

mm

If you have old batteries with dead cells then here is what I do.

I crack my old ones open and then go over to all-battery.com which has pre assembled NiCad and Lion battery packs made for Radio control model use in voltages from 4.8 up to more than 13.8 volts.

As the packs are pre assembled in numerous configurations with pre wired leads, I have always found one that fits my older radio battery packs for very good prices.

Opening the battery pack requires freezing the pack in a freezer and gently hitting around the case with a rubber mallet to open the battery up.

bergg

Premium Subscriber
Tempo CS 15 batteries

Great idea. I don't have the original packs, but I do have a replacement: Sanyo Cadnica model 8N 450 AR
which is perfect fit.

Can no longer find the original batteries nor the Sanyo.

I'll do your suggestion. I didn't think of that. Simple and much less expensive I'm sure.

Thanks, Bob

mm

Bob,

With several General Electric 220MHz and 900 MHz MPA HANDHELDS, and 4 Motorola 10 and 6 meter MT1000 HANDHELDS, every aftermarket pack that I could find had poor life and I wasn't satisfied with any of the aftermarket sources so I went this route.

I started with solder tab individual cells over 12 years ago and migrated to these high C pre-assembled batteries with very good results in all of my HT's.

bergg

Premium Subscriber
Thanks MM. I also have found after market batteries are not as good as the original equipment ones.

Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.