Temporarily Mounting 436/SDS100 in Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for a way to temporarily mount my 436/SDS100 in a vehicle while driving. I was just using zip ties through the belt clip and zip tied to the air vent, but I've since lost my belt clips and this also puts wear on the post on the radio and my air vents.

I am interested in knowing how one of the guys on Shot in the Dark has his set up, does anyone know how these could have been achieved?8869288693

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I just use the cup holder on the end of the center arm rest. Only problem is it can move around if you turn sharply.
If you are creative (which I am not) you can probably think up ways to minimize that, such as a piece of rubber on the back or velcro or something.

cognetic

Premium Subscriber
ProClip Dash mount with AMPS pattern 1" ball base, short arm RAM extender to RAM finger grip mount. Works like a charm.
You can use (instead of ProClip dash mount) any number of RAM base configs - including an inflatable between center console and seat bladder that has RAM 1" ball base. Please let us know more about your ideal config including vehicle details for some more specific advice!!
- cognetic

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Those cup mounts use the spot where I put my beer. I can't have that.

I use the Lido or Ram, maybe I have one of each, flexible arm mounts that secure to the seat bolt. On the passenger side I put my amateur radio control heads. A handheld scanner is on the drivers side and sits up high. Quick install with just one bolt and I use the radio belt clip to hold it on the mount. It stays put off-road as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.