Ten Tec 1254 Cholakian 'hidden' menus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitaux8030

Silent Key
Its been a pleasure to have a play around with a newly arrived Ten Tec 1254 kit SW receiver, complete with the Cholakian upgraded PIC firmware. But I've been having trouble working out the 'hidden' menus for the upgraded PIC. The Cholakian home page details some added features which are not documented at all in their instructions!

Here's what I've found so far:
Within 2 seconds of turn on, press Mode. "u 1.00" is displayed... upgrade version number perhaps?
From here, the following sub-menus are accessed:

*Pressing Mode gets you into the USB connection speed selection. Using the tuning dial, select from 14400, 19200, 28800, 31250, 38400, 57600 or 115200 bps. Press Mode again to confirm selection and exit to normal receiver operation.

*Pressing MW seems to have no effect??

*Pressing V/W button results in either c1 or c0 being displayed. Select between the two settings with the tuning dial, and press V/W again to confirm selection and exit to normal receiver operation. Normal setting here is c1, and if c0 is selected, the display flickers. Unsure of what this is supposed to do??

*Pressing Speed button enters a most useful selection. Here, a setting is made to choose how many seconds of inactivity elapse before the digital display is blanked out, which will eliminate the display multiplexing buzz sounds. Using the tuning dial, select the number of seconds you want the display to remain active before it blanks out... 0 will give no display blanking eg: display on all the time, 1 will keep the display active for one second, 2 will give two seconds and so on. Push Speed again to confirm selection and exit to normal receiver operation.

Can anyone assist in letting us know what the MW & V/W buttons select & are supposed to do in this hidden menu system?

mitaux8030

Silent Key
If there is such a sequence, then I'd like to know - and so should every other Cholakian upgraded 1254 owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.