Tennessee Highway Patrol Aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
I have been trying to find any frequencies for the air wing in the Nashville area without any luck. I have not heard any aircraft comms on the regular Highway Patrol freqs. I have seen it listed in the Eastern part of the state as 128.750 for air wing ops but not had any luck here in Columbia with that one. I would assume they have a dedicated frequency so any help would be appreciated.

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry that was supposed to be 126.725 for TN Air Wing but I have it in for months with nothing heard in middle TN.

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
I have had 154.770 which is listed as Air Ops Division in for several days with no transmissions heard. Has anyone heard any daily air ops on this frequency such as aircraft taking off or landing comms or is it just used occasional for special ops? I should be able to hear ops from the Nashville area I hear the Medflight helocopters talking to Vanderbuilt Hospital on 122.975.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
A couple of weels ago the THP Huey and Bell 206 took off for a flyby of some sort and i happen to stumble across them in a/a chat on 123.4

A few days later they were back up and still on 123.4 for a/a. So that might be their a/a freq they like but remember that anyone can use it since it's in that Civil Aviation common band range. As for an air ops freq on the Public Safety bands i can't help you there. Now i'm sure they use it if on a search or something but for everyday ops i'm in the same boat.

ButchGone

In years past THP helicopters involved with looking for pot plants used 154.770 for air to air and air to ground units - at least in southeast TN.
Governors Task Force of something or another.
BG..

tnbound

Premium Subscriber
Quite a bit of air to air chatter on 123.4 at times. Mostly on the weekend but no unit numbers or callsigns just first names.

Status
Not open for further replies.