Tennessee State Wide Simple Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMedcom

Does anyone know what this is? Also, Rural/Metro Ambulance (Formerly Med 8) in Knox County has switched over to it. Does anyone know what the new Dispatch frequency for Rural/Metro Knox County Ambulance is? They haven't told us yet at metro, so I am out of luck for my personal. P.S. Blount county EMS will also be going UHF. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
BMedcom

jcranks1

Search for med 72 for rmas knoxville

I found RMAS on Med 72 this morning. If you search this site for med 72 you will find the RX and TX I dont know the PL Tones yet but i will figure it out in the next few hours and will post to this thread. Also I fiqure the change is either to block out pro med and lifeguard ambulance or to keep up with the companies FLA operations who use the new med 12-82 freqs.

John

BMedcom

Ok, I found med 72, and programmed it into ALL my land mobile radios, and for some reason it has a lot of static, and is hard to hear. Is anyone else having that problem? Thanks.

ccfire

Premium Subscriber
Hey speaking of med channels the only ones that I know are meds 1-10 can some one direct me to a site or give me some info on what the frequency for the rest of them are.

n4yek

New CMED Channels.

The FCC is requiring better utilization of existing frequencies. As a

result there will be several new channels added to the existing Med

Channel system. Since 2000, all new radio systems licensed for mobile

emergency medical services must be licensed for narrow band operation.

This is currently the only service that has such a requirement, but it

will be several years before the switchover will be complete.

CHANNEL Base Mobile

MED- 1 463.0000 468.0000

MED- 12 463.0125 468.0125

MED- 2 463.0250 468.0250

MED- 22 463.0375 468.0375

MED- 3 463.0500 468.0500

MED- 32 463.0625 468.0625

MED- 4 463.0750 468.0750

MED- 42 463.0875 468.0875

MED- 5 463.1000 468.1000

MED- 52 463.1125 468.1125

MED- 6 463.1250 468.1250

MED- 62 463.1375 468.1375

MED- 7 463.1500 468.1500

MED- 72 463.1625 468.1625

MED- 8 463.1750 468.1750

MED- 82 463.1875 468.1875

MED- 9 462.9500 467.9500

MED- 92 462.9625 467.9625

MED- 10 462.9750 467.9750

MED-102 462.9875 467.9875

Gatorman

Narrow Band Med Channels

Will the old scanners have any issues with the narrow band modulation schemes?????? Can anyone explain the differences, if any?

Thanks

jcranks1

Scanners

You should have no problem with a scanner... However for those of us who have hand helds if you dont have one that will work with the DCS narrow band youll have to purchase a newer one.

jcranks1

More Info on Knox county

Ok 1st of all Cartwright Communications are holding on to these freqs and PL's like they are gold. They wont tell any one for fear of loosing a dollar. They say that they own the frequencies and PL's. They are FCC freqs, I just dont see how.

Here is what I do know for now..

RMAS ambulance operations are on MED 72 463.16250 / 468.16250 ( For now. This will soon be the county MCI ch.)

MED link (old MedCom) is still on med 10 and will not change for the near future.
RMAS ambulance operations ALS or emergency dispatch will soon move to Med 102 462.98125 / 467.98125
RMAS ambulance operations BLS or Non Emergency will soon be on MED 82 463.18750 / 468.18750
As for PL's I cant figure them out. I do know DCS is comming soon though.

n4yek

jcranks1 said:
Ok 1st of all Cartwright Communications are holding on to these freqs and PL's like they are gold. They wont tell any one for fear of loosing a dollar. They say that they own the frequencies and PL's. They are FCC freqs, I just dont see how.
The hold the coordination on the frequencies assigned to them by the FCC. That being the case no one else in the area can use them without Cartwright Communications agreement.
You can't just start using a frequency because you want to, some one holds a license for them.
If you want to use the new freqs, you will have to deal with them, which means you will buy the radios from them that are able to utilize the new freqs. Thats why they are like gold to them.

jcranks1

Thanks

Thanks for that info. I did not know that. I assumed that if the FCC or the State of Tennessee wants emergency services to use these freqs that one company could not hold on to them. I.E. Rural Metro is a private contractor to Knox County for emergency ambulance services. These freqs are to be used be all EMS agencies in Tennessee. So there has to be some inoperability here. Yes / No ? If Rural has a MCI at the Airport and needs additional ambulances to respond from say, LifeGuard how will they talk ? Sounds like to me someone is trying to cause problems in good ole Knox County.
P.S. I also here that the County health dept did not even know of the switch......

n4yek

jcranks1 said:
Thanks for that info. I did not know that. I assumed that if the FCC or the State of Tennessee wants emergency services to use these freqs that one company could not hold on to them. I.E. Rural Metro is a private contractor to Knox County for emergency ambulance services. These freqs are to be used be all EMS agencies in Tennessee. So there has to be some inoperability here. Yes / No ? If Rural has a MCI at the Airport and needs additional ambulances to respond from say, LifeGuard how will they talk ? Sounds like to me someone is trying to cause problems in good ole Knox County.
P.S. I also here that the County health dept did not even know of the switch......
Frequencies are coordinated for a certain range from the site that has been given those freqs. Let's say for example, I was assigned 463.000Mhz, that coordination would be good for 100 miles radius from my transmitter. After that some one else can coordinate the same frequency. Just because they have the freqs for the Knoxville area, doesn't mean they hold the freqs for the entire state of Tennessee.
Now for communicating with others, the only thing different with Rural Metro, is they have the capability to use the new freqs, they could still have use on the old freqs if they choose to have that option. Basically all they would have to do is reach down and change the channel on their radios to communicate with other agencies not using the new freqs.
I hope I didn't confuse you with this explanation. Let me know if I did.

Shawnlin20

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have the PL or DPL codes for the new MedCom Freqs? Also, I heard some Ambulance to Hosp on Med 8...does anyone have that new PL? Thanks

adonai0921

New to scanning. Purchased a Radio Shack pro 528 and it does'nt seem to really get much. In conversations with friends, i'm told that scanners do not work as well because everything has gone to digital. Wanting to learn more.......

Mike in Tn

BMedcom

None

Well, since I worked for Rural/Metro before I left to go back to school, I might can get the info from the comm manager, since I still do a little with them, if not, I have a firend who my Dad knows that actually monitors for the FCC, so I am sure I can get all the info on Freqs, and Pl tones, because unlike what Cartwright likes to think, they can't hold onto there "precious" frequencies forever, they WILL eventually be poted online by someone. I talked to the FCC guy, and they are actually state freqs anyway, and not cartwright's.

N2AL

Pl's

So Here Is My Question.

If The Frequencies Are State Wide, Do They All Have The Same Pl's And Are They Interconnected?

If They Are The Same Pl's Maybe The Same Statewide.

Just A Simple Thought.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
The "MED" frequencies do not belong to any private entity but are assigned to a licensee.
The radio shop merely loads them into the licensee's equipment. The various MED frequencies are in use in many systems across TN. The coordinators work to try and reduce interference to adjacent systems through limiting power output of the repeaters, use of PL and DCS tones, DTMF tones, etc.

Tennessee uses MED 102 as a disaster calling freuqnecy and most systems that use the UHF Med frequencies are installing this also.

BMedcom

Ok, guys I need some help. I am trying to use a Kenwood TK-370G (Which is what Metro uses in Knox County) To RECEIVE only. So I gathered all the info from rr's database. After I put in the receive freq, all I hear is a little talk, but mostly static. So, I am assuming my problem is I can't figure out what the DPL tones mean? How do I program these into my radio? There dosen't seem to be a place, I tried entering them under QT/DQT DEC and the only options I have are, the numbers with a D in front of them with a N after them, or an option of a D in front, and an I after. So, what am I doing wrong here? I heard somewhere that DPL was a Motorola thing, but I know metro uses kenwood. Also, what is the deal with the FMN mode? Does that mean I need to program the freqs. as "narrow?" Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I am TOTALLY lost, and any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.