Tennessee Towers State Capitol & Government Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Has the Tennessee Towers State Capitol & Government Center switched completely over to P25 and now a part of the Tennessee Valley Regional Telecommunications System?

SDavis90

KD4YGG - Your post made me want to check this system out. I want to put it into my 396XT. After putting in the frequencies, is it Control Channel only, and Mot. Bandplan 800/900 Standard?

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
It is a site of the TRS now.... me, CORN (joe), and few others have been trying to id TGs

TSU PD along with TEMA and poss. the TDOC prisons in Nashville has been using it full time i am aslo Hearing MTSU PD

Last edited:

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
KD4YGG - Your post made me want to check this system out. I want to put it into my 396XT. After putting in the frequencies, is it Control Channel only, and Mot. Bandplan 800/900 Standard?

CC only and its p25 now. the old TRS is gone... no sign of it since two weeks ago

SDavis90

Don't mean to interrupt this thread, but I got the M'boro site and I'm seeing ID's w/ NAC of 2A0 and seeing TGID's but no audio, and volume isn't turned down. If anyone would like to send me a PM and help me, then I could help identify ID's too! Thanks...

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Don't mean to interrupt this thread, but I got the M'boro site and I'm seeing ID's w/ NAC of 2A0 and seeing TGID's but no audio, and volume isn't turned down. If anyone would like to send me a PM and help me, then I could help identify ID's too! Thanks...

If you listening off the Murfreesboro 700 MHz site then you need to program your scanner as a "Pure" (9600 baud) P25. On the PSR500/600 it's programmed under P25 Auto when u select your system type. The radio shack Pro digital radios are programmed a similar way. If programmed to trunk correctly you shouldn't even see any NAC codes.

SDavis90

On another note...Is the Nashville TN Valley Regional site working? I pick up Metro fine...I live in Smyrna, so I would think that I should be able to get at least a bar on signal strength.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I got it working now. Ever hear anyone other than MTSU on there?

I pick up TEMA as well as MTSU. I have the control channels for the Murfreesboro and Tennessee Towers sites programmed in my scanner, however, I have NOT heard TSU PD dispatch -- I show 17100 as the talk group -- not sure if that's correct, or not. Maybe someone reading this could advise.

Last edited:

CORN

Premium Subscriber
I pick up TEMA as well as MTSU. I have the control channels for the Murfreesboro and Tennessee Towers sites programmed in my scanner, however, I have NOT heard TSU PD dispatch -- I show 17100 as the talk group -- not sure if that's correct, or not. Maybe someone reading this could advise.

Yes, 17100 is Tennessee State University PD dispatch. Now what I've noticed is occasionally only the dispatch comes thru and you cant hear the cars. So I'm not quite sure what's going on.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
I expect they are simulcasting TSU dispatch but cars are not using the TRS yet. I will try and listen to their conv 800 freq next time I am in the area.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
I expect they are simulcasting TSU dispatch but cars are not using the TRS yet. I will try and listen to their conv 800 freq next time I am in the area.

I believe you are correct. After I made my post I plugged in TSU's analog 800MHz freq and yes you heard dispatch on both the TRS and the analog freq but the cars were only broadcasting on the analog conventional frequency.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Yes, 17100 is Tennessee State University PD dispatch. Now what I've noticed is occasionally only the dispatch comes thru and you cant hear the cars. So I'm not quite sure what's going on.

Is there anything else to hear on the Tennessee Towers site besides TSU PD? Also, I have been wondering how could a TEMA car in east Tennessee talk back to Nashville on this system when it appears there are no towers after Rutherford Co. heading east, until you get to Chattanooga?

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Is there anything else to hear on the Tennessee Towers site besides TSU PD? Also, I have been wondering how could a TEMA car in east Tennessee talk back to Nashville on this system when it appears there are no towers after Rutherford Co. heading east, until you get to Chattanooga?

I do know the state of Tennessee has been upgrading and adding to their high-speed microwave backbone network for the past few years. Its very possible the site at the Tennessee Towers is connected into this backbone, even though there are no trunking sites west of Rutherford County. Likewise, it is also possible to interconnect trunking sites by using ISDN/IP protocols. With that being said, there are TEMA tower sites on 800 MHz that currently use conventional mode frequencies, that will likely be upgraded to Project 25 trunking sites in the future. They may pop-up in the western part of the state over the coming months using one of the above technology methods.

73s

Ron

CORN

Premium Subscriber

As it stands now in addition to TSU dispatch being heard on the TN Tower TVRTS some undetermined prison Comms are heard on it. Not sure which prison. Also TEMA is on it as well and yes I hear TEMA cars report to state EOC that they are enroute to various towns in East TN so they are connected somehow. Other than that there's not really any law enforcement agencies on it but the aforementioned state colleges. Others might know more but since it doesn't have many of the interesting parties on it I don't pay that system much attention.

remay

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.