Tensas Parish Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still looking for the fire dept. frequencies in tensas parish with no luck. FCC shows a few new ones but i have not heard anything. Fcc shows 155.175, but that is an ambulance frequency. Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

red8

did you check the data base at radioreference.com for the state of
louisiana for tensas parish they might have that or they might have
a link on the state trs.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
You might consider that they have adopted the somewhat questionable practice of referring to FD dispatch as Emergency Management. This seems to be a popular thing in neighboring rural Mississippi. Whoever submitted it to begin with called it Emergency Management and that is how it got put in. Neither you nor I are close enough to see what it really is. Seems pretty strange to have 3 channels devoted to something like that in a rural parish/county.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
red8 said:
did you check the data base at radioreference.com for the state of
louisiana for tensas parish they might have that or they might have
a link on the state trs.
red,

Where do you think you are when you are on these forums? :lol:

red8

well lou i sometimes get the info off the state listing or doing id
searches on my scanners besides i am at my house in south la
and i don't mean california
red8

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
red8,

I guess I didn't phrase my (intended to be) humorous comment quite right. Your post to our friend in Harahan made it sound like he should go search the database on some foreign site; when he is already there ... err, here at RadioReference.com. And yes, I know that when you say "south la" you mean the BR area, your location is there for all to see. ;)

red8

yes lou i do in fact i live in the trailer trash capital of the world lol
livingston parish however i do not live in a house with wheels on it
oh by the i checked for tensas parish on one of my old police call
disks i am thinking with all of the local government channels for
for tensas that the fire freqs may be incorparated in the local
government frequencies
red8

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
When I lived in Jefferson County MS, I used to be able to clearly monitor both TPSO, and heard a lot of the EMA/VFD stuff back then on the primary EMA freq for Tensas Parish.... Being that Tensas is mostly a rural area.. they might be also talking to the SO till the new FPD system is fully online. I wish i still was close to that area to monitor since from where I used to live I got great coverage of all of Southwest MS, and the surrounding areas of LA...

Tensas Parish ( LOU )

Thanks for the replies. Lou, I live in Winnsboro, la. now. My family evacuated up here due to katrina. My wife got a job and well here we are. I keep hearing an ambulance service on 155.175. I know it is not coming from tensas because they are covered by NELA amb. Like i said above, isn't 155.175 an amb. freq. How is Daniel doing ?

Mark

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
FIRE321FIGHTER1985 said:
Thanks for the replies. Lou, I live in Winnsboro, la. now. My family evacuated up here due to katrina. My wife got a job and well here we are. I keep hearing an ambulance service on 155.175. I know it is not coming from tensas because they are covered by NELA amb. Like i said above, isn't 155.175 an amb. freq. How is Daniel doing ?
Daniel is fine, got married in June, manages the store on Vets near the NOLA line now. His old store was closed. As for the move, okay...need to change your location in the UserCP. We will also be moving come the fall, but back on topic.

The 155.175 is not a common freq for EMS, like 155.340, but that doesn't mean it isn't used there, it does belong to the Fire Protection District there.

red8

hey lou
i did find 155.775 that for the emergency management actually there
was a total of 3 freqs assigned to ema but that freq i remember
i believe you were right the other day when you were talking about
that is a lot of channels for a rural area
red8
aka trashy8 :)
ya'll have a goodern

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Remember that two of those are trailer towed temporary repeaters... EMA has one permanent tower for the FPD.. thats a new grant, and one old one... hopefully someone with plenty of time to monitor in the area can snag a broadcast... and get us tones etc... :) Kinda hard to grab tones from WNC WEG!

Tensas Parish Pub. Saf.

I will monitor 155.175 from winnsboro and get as much info. as i can. All i have been getting is an ambulance service whom i believe is Pafford in Lincoln Parish. I have several connections through the FD and other intities in this area.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.