Terre Haute City Police Welcome to SAFE-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

usswood

Second Shift Officers are broadcasting on SAFE-T....THPD DISP confirmed 7472....Sounds a little loud right now...but not bad at all!!!

Not all units are on Safe-T...some are, some aren't...but it appears Dispatch is simulcasting on both SAFE-T and EDCAS

Last edited:

usswood

Second Shift Officers are broadcasting on SAFE-T....THPD DISP confirmed 7472....Sounds a little loud right now...but not bad at all!!!

Not all units are on Safe-T...some are, some aren't...but it appears Dispatch is simulcasting on both SAFE-T and EDCAS

2304 Confirmed...84 THFD DISP...Analog :)

jamesa53

The Time is Here for Us in Terre Haute!!!!!

Confirmed also, 7472 is THPD Dispatch..heard on Site 008 (South Tower)....cannot hear the individual units responding to Dispatch yet though. Yes a little loud but clear. Heard a call on Oak Street and thought "Wait a minute, that's in Terre Haute!"

Appears THFD is still using EDACS at this time. Just dispatched same call on old Parke FG2!!!!!!!!!!

96 and 2096 both on and cooking. Gotta add those new talkgroups to both of them!!!!

If you can usswood keep us updated on Trunk88 data, would be much appreciated Sir.

This calls for a celebration of some kind....possibly coffee at Denny's? I would be willing to buy.

Last edited:
F

firefighter213

Confirmed also, 7472 is THPD Dispatch..heard on Site 008 (South Tower)....cannot hear the individual units responding to Dispatch yet though. Yes a little loud but clear. Heard a call on Oak Street and thought "Wait a minute, that's in Terre Haute!"

Appears THFD is still using EDACS at this time. Just dispatched same call on old Parke FG2!!!!!!!!!!

96 and 2096 both on and cooking. Gotta add those new talkgroups to both of them!!!!

If you can usswood keep us updated on Trunk88 data, would be much appreciated Sir.

This calls for a celebration of some kind....possibly coffee at Denny's? I would be willing to buy.

What is the talkgroup of the old Parke FG2 , james ?

jamesa53

What is the talkgroup of the old Parke FG2 , james ?

Its 2304. was the former 61 FG2 talkgroup.....thats THFD Dispatch. For now they are also useing EDACS. Appears that they are dispatcing the calls only on this TG.

Same with THPD on 7472...........hope we can start hearing the individual cars soon...Im guessing that they are responding to Dispatch using their EDACS radios (for now).

F

firefighter213

Its 2304. was the former 61 FG2 talkgroup.....thats THFD Dispatch. For now they are also useing EDACS. Appears that they are dispatcing the calls only on this TG.

Same with THPD on 7472...........hope we can start hearing the individual cars soon...Im guessing that they are responding to Dispatch using their EDACS radios (for now).

I heard lots of fire units responding on the new talkgroup 2304 of Terre Haute Fire Dispatch .

jamesa53

Hearing both 7472 and 2304 on North tower (site 038- The one at the jail)

Still havent shut off EDACS for Fire. Of course cant hear police dispatch on EDACS LOL.

Hope we can start hearing the THPD cars soon.

F

firefighter213

Hearing both 7472 and 2304 on North tower (site 038- The one at the jail)

Still havent shut off EDACS for Fire. Of course cant hear police dispatch on EDACS LOL.

Hope we can start hearing the THPD cars soon.

I really like that you can hear THFD , VCFD on one system ! LOL

F

firefighter213

I heard testing on talkgroup ID : 1040 , but trying think if this is an FG for THFD ?

jamesa53

New ISU Talkgroups

From the RR DB change log for SAFE-T:
Added Talkgroup 37456 Indiana State University Police Operations
Added Talkgroup 37424 Indiana State University Police Dispatch

So the speculations of them remaining on EDACS are now dead.

jamesa53

UniTrunker and Terre Haute EDACS

I decided last night to install UniTrunker to see activity on the TH EDACS system. All I can say is that when THPD finally converts the cars to SAFE-T, theres gonna be more traffic generated by THPD than the remainder of the agencies combined on the Terre Haute tower. I got 130 hits on AFS 2-20 (Police Main) within two hours. Of course, cant hear what they are saying cause its encrypted but you can see the calls and radio IDs LOL.

usswood

Sounds like the Mics are installed....Terre Haute City units are now using Safe-T and don't they sound good!!!!

Current affiliations for 84 THPD DISP (TG#=7472): 34 radios (27 affiliated)

Officers have there Portables and are using them also....I think it would be safe to say that the THPD EDACS days are over!!!!

Last edited:

retroactiv

whats this that I see that ISU PD is encrypted, I thought that the state was trying to keep agencies from going encrypted since I believe there was only one channel per tower that would accept it. (maybe I'm wrong if so please correct me)

usswood

whats this that I see that ISU PD is encrypted, I thought that the state was trying to keep agencies from going encrypted since I believe there was only one channel per tower that would accept it. (maybe I'm wrong if so please correct me)

I did some checking last night...they were hitting a few voice channels w/ENC...I did however go and look at Tower 08 and there were not hitting tower 08, so I believe they are resticted ENC to 038 only

jamesa53

THFD TGs

THPD is starting to hit that encrypted TG 37392 identified as 84 THPD OPS 4.....shows up as D8 on Trunk88.....

also the DB has been updated by our friend to add the following THFD TGs:

2288 08f A 84 THFD EMER Terre Haute Fire Emergency
3456 0d8 A 84 THFD TAC1 Terre Haute Fireground 1
4048 0fd E 84 THFD SECU Terre Haute Fire Secure (notice the "E")

Status
Not open for further replies.