Terre Haute East Side Tower - Home Avenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

usswood

scanner_freak said:
It has been reported to me that the Airport Police are now using the system in Pro Voice unencrypted mode. They have been heard on the dispatch talkgroup, unknown if they have their own. Also, only 10 codes and plain english are to be used once the new combined dispatch center opens. The county units are not going to utilize "signals" and the city units are not going to use the "codes". Hope this helps you all over there :)

Wow, that is going to be a switch there, good info thanks... I will have to talk to a few buddies and see how they are going to like that change.

Also, Dispatch is back in Digital Mode for Units and Most of the time for Dispatch too due to 'officer safety' if there is such a thing. I thought they were all armed :)

drunyon

Silent Key
I'm using several 796d's (and getting ready to fire up a few 996's). For the 796's, should I have ALL 9 frequencies for the system programmed in now instead of the original 5? If so, in what order and in what channel postions within the bank?

Thanks,
Doug

KD4YGG

Database Admin
drunyon said:
I'm using several 796d's (and getting ready to fire up a few 996's). For the 796's, should I have ALL 9 frequencies for the system programmed in now instead of the original 5? If so, in what order and in what channel postions within the bank?

Thanks,
Doug

Use two different banks - one for the East tower, one for the west.

Program them in to the proper LCN as shown in the database.

drunyon

Silent Key
Okay...here's how I have programmed this system:

Bank 2 - Channel 8 856.9375
9 857.9375
10 858.9375
11 859.9375
12 860.9375

Bank 3 - Channel 1 855.9875
2 856.7375
3 857.7625
6 855.7375

Bank 2 (West tower) seems to work fine, though I only hear Transit and ISUPD.

I get nothing from Bank 3. It sees the control channel on 857.7625, but there is no traffic. I went into manual mode and sat on channel 1 for about an hour just to see if I could hear any ProVoice noises, but still nothing.

I'm baffled. Is the East tower carrying any traffic at all?

Any help would be appreciated.

Doug

usswood

drunyon said:
I'm baffled. Is the East tower carrying any traffic at all?

Any help would be appreciated.

Doug

The East Tower is only carrying the THFD at this time, the THPD along with all other talkgroups are still using the West Tower. The THPD is using Digital Mode with no simulcast on the 155.610. The Sheriff's patch has not worked for the past week when there started working on the East Tower site, but the State police patch is active on the West Tower along with Region H MA-1

KD4YGG

Database Admin
drunyon said:
Okay...here's how I have programmed this system:

Bank 3 - Channel 1 855.9875
2 856.7375
3 857.7625
6 855.7375

Doug

Doug

Switch the frequencies in Channel 1 and Channel 6 - should work fine. Only thing I hear off East side is THFD dispatch so far.

drunyon

Silent Key
Hmm...still having problems. I made the switch in freqs on the East tower, but that hasn't helped.

Just to be sure, the East tower only has 4 freqs?

And the LCN should be?:

Bank X - Channel 1 855.7375
Bank X - Channel 2 856.7375
Bank X - Channel 3 857.7625
Bank X - Channel 4 empty
Bank X - Channel 5 empty
Bank X - Channel 6 855.9875

I like to think I'm fairly advanced when it comes to this stuff, but this time around I'm feeling a bit like an idiot.

I'd be happy to send my ARC250 file to anyone who wants to pick through it to see where my problem might be.

Thanks advance (again).

Doug

KD4YGG

Database Admin
drunyon said:
Hmm...still having problems. I made the switch in freqs on the East tower, but that hasn't helped.

Just to be sure, the East tower only has 4 freqs?

And the LCN should be?:

Bank X - Channel 1 855.7375
Bank X - Channel 2 856.7375
Bank X - Channel 3 857.7625
Bank X - Channel 4 empty
Bank X - Channel 5 empty
Bank X - Channel 6 855.9875

I like to think I'm fairly advanced when it comes to this stuff, but this time around I'm feeling a bit like an idiot.

I'd be happy to send my ARC250 file to anyone who wants to pick through it to see where my problem might be.

Thanks advance (again).

Doug

Doug

Everything looks correct and I've confirmed LCN order using ETRUNK today.

Some Possible Solutions:
- Make sure it is an EDACS WIDE system, not EDACS NARROW.
- Use ID search mode to see if you get anything
- Make sure you don't have I-CALL set to ONLY

fishsqueezer

channels for east tower

thpd movin friday 10-20,all 9 channels will be onlin then.......tim

KD4YGG

Database Admin
fishsqueezer said:
thpd movin friday 10-20,all 9 channels will be onlin then.......tim

Tim

Thanks

Question - will both sites be using the same frequencies now?

Is the West Tower still going to be used?

fishsqueezer

i think it is going to be on hot standby for backup in case east tower fails,channels will be the same as i listed.notice that old location 12.860.9375 is no longer on the list.it falls in the guard band of the nextel rebanding and is being replaced at both sites with 858.0375...tim

KD4YGG

Database Admin
fishsqueezer said:
i think it is going to be on hot standby for backup in case east tower fails,channels will be the same as i listed.notice that old location 12.860.9375 is no longer on the list.it falls in the guard band of the nextel rebanding and is being replaced at both sites with 858.0375...tim

Tim

Thanks for the clarification.

BTW, the east side tower offers a lot better reception from my QTH. Glad to see the progress.

As always, thanks for the "in"-sight.

mrboilermaker

Help Needed in Terre Haute

Is there anyone out there that can help me out here? I used to be a scanner freak
but times have passed me up I guess and I am lost now since I cant pick up city
fire and police in Terre Haute. What kind of scanner or system do I need to purchase
in order to hear the Terre Haute city police and fire again and where should I get it?
My boy is at the age now that I was when I got interested in scanners but now I am way
behind in the times. Anyone have the time to reply for some advice or info, it would be greatly appreciated or if you have time to drop info on an email send it to
mrboilermaker@aol.com. Thanks for your help.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
mrboilermaker said:
Is there anyone out there that can help me out here? I used to be a scanner freak
but times have passed me up I guess and I am lost now since I cant pick up city
fire and police in Terre Haute. What kind of scanner or system do I need to purchase
in order to hear the Terre Haute city police and fire again and where should I get it?
My boy is at the age now that I was when I got interested in scanners but now I am way
behind in the times. Anyone have the time to reply for some advice or info, it would be greatly appreciated or if you have time to drop info on an email send it to
mrboilermaker@aol.com. Thanks for your help.

You're out of luck listening to Terre Haute Police - they are using an EDACS trunked radio system in Provoice digital mode. No scanner (not even the latest digital ones) will allow you to monitor THPD.

Terre Haute fire share the same system as Terre Haute Police, but use it in analog mode. Any trunking scanner capable of EDACS trunktracking can follow THFD conversations on the system. Radio Shack and Uniden both have multiple models.

I'm assuming you'd want to also listen to other area agencies as well...

Vigo County Fire is on the statewide Project Hoosier SAFE-T Motorola trunked radio system. They utilize it in analog mode, so any trunking scanner capable of Motorola trunktracking can follow county fire conversations on the system. Radio Shack and Uniden both have multiple models. Vigo County Fire also simulcast their dispatch on 154.3100 Mhz.

Vigo County Sheriff is on the statewide Project Hoosier SAFE-T Motorola trunked radio system. They utilize it in digital mode. Unlike the Terre Haute system, any of the latest DIGITAL trunking scanners can follow county sheriff conversations on the system. Radio Shack and Uniden both have multiple models. Vigo County Sheriff also simulcast their dispatch on 155.565 Mhz (dispatcher side only).

Indiana State Police, all of Parke County, all of Vermillion County, and Clay County Sheriff are also using the Project Hoosier SAFE-T Motorola trunked system. Most conversations are DIGITAL, so you'll need one of the latest DIGITAL trunking scanners to follow conversations on the system.

Radio Shack Models - for all users except THPD mentioned above:
PRO-96 Digital Trunking Scanner - Handheld
PRO-2096 Digital Trunking Scanner - Base

Uniden Models - for all users except THPD mentioned above:
BC296 Digital Trunking Scanner - Handheld
BC396 Digital Trunking Scanner - Handheld
BC796 Digital Trunking Scanner - Base
BC996 Digital Trunking Scanner - Base

Any of the local Radio Shacks will carry their models.
One recommended source for the Uniden models is The Ham Station in Evansville.

You might want to check out the following two links in the forums as well...

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51052

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51190

mrboilermaker

Thanks for the info KD4YGG, much appreciated. I went down and checked out my scanner options at the local mall radio shack and the guy there told me I could still hear alot of the local police. Is he lying to me just to try and get me to purchase a $500 scanner?
I really would hate to make the purchase and get shut out from hearing THPD chatter.

usswood

as KD4YGG stated there is NO scanner that can track the EDACS SYSTEM the THPD is using...

Anymore info on the Tower Merge, Im still hearing the Towers on there seperate Freqs. But they have brought back up the Sheriffs Patch to the East Tower along with the SP Patch too...Both are under new Talkgroup IDs 15-020 - Vigo County SD, 15-040 Terre Haute SP Dispatch

Last edited:

KD4YGG

Database Admin
mrboilermaker said:
Thanks for the info KD4YGG, much appreciated. I went down and checked out my scanner options at the local mall radio shack and the guy there told me I could still hear alot of the local police. Is he lying to me just to try and get me to purchase a $500 scanner?
I really would hate to make the purchase and get shut out from hearing THPD chatter.

THERE IS NO SCANNER FOR THPD - PERIOD!!!!

Everyone else is monitorable - a digital scanner just makes it a bit easier to hear everything else.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
usswood said:
as KD4YGG stated there is NO scanner that can track the EDACS SYSTEM the THPD is using...

Anymore info on the Tower Merge, Im still hearing the Towers on there seperate Freqs. But they have brought back up the Sheriffs Patch to the East Tower along with the SP Patch too...Both are under new Talkgroup IDs 15-020 - Vigo County SD, 15-040 Terre Haute SP Dispatch

USSWOOD

Thanks for the new talkgroup ID's - will update the database accordingly.

Am also hearing the two towers on the separate frequencies. I would suspect that they kept things the way they were until after last weekend's activities at St Marys of The Woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.