Terre Haute PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesa53

They have been totally quiet for the last 3 days, I'm using 7472 as talk group, same as always. Does anyone know why? Other talk groups in the area have been active as normal. Don't believe P25 upgrade has happened here yet.

usswood

THPD is back on Tac 1 (ENC) and will be because of the scanner feed that included THPD! A few people who where listening to the feed kept showing up at different calls and a few threats were made about how easy it would be to harm one of their officers, so the decision was made to go ENC until further notice, I.E. forever or at least until the Feed is taken down. I contacted the feed provider and ask him to include a 10 minute delay to his feed to try and compromise on the situation and the feed provider said that there was plenty to listen to besides THPD so he would not cooperate with the request! So no more THPD unless their is a special event that would require them to be in the clear!

intuity

I don't think the blame lies with the feed provider as much as it does with the people who caused the decision to be made in the first place.

It doesn't surprise me in the least that some would take it upon themselves to show up on scene to gawk, ridicule, etc. the citizens involved, but to do so to threaten or harass THPD? Lowest of low. People that try that here in Houston find out quickly they mean business when they admonish people from messin' with Texas - I hope THPD does the same.

Having lived in Terre Haute for several years of my life, I can honestly say there is nothing better to do in that town, if you're not a student at ISU or Rose, or somehow otherwise occupied with legitimate law-abiding pursuits - but I hope the situation can be resolved and in the clear again soon, because other than the occasional WTWO-WTHI tiff, THPD's dispatch is probably the most humor on air in Vigo County anymore...

;)

joewayne

I agree with you the people that would show up at the scenes screwed this all up but they were informed where to go because of the feed,plus the feed provider not wanting to solve the problem of Thpd going encrypted because of his or her feed in my eyes puts the responsibility on him or her.

intuity

Did THPD turn on encryption for their SAFE-T P25 and Motorola TGs or on their VHF system? Both dispatch and tactical channels or just tactical?

We had one of our local governments move to the P25 TxWARN regional radio system for all of their traffic, and then turn on encryption for all of it - but that was decided for tactical reasons from what I understand.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
THPD just moved off the Primary Dispatch TG, over to the Tactical one which is strapped for full time Encryption. They did this one before but that was due to technical issues last time. This time, they most likely are there for a while until they get the Comms guys all on same page and strap down all the TGs for E. And yes, I am 95% sure that is what is about to happen. Its not the Feed Provider who has any responsibility here. It is the THUGS who think its all fun and games to harass and endanger LEOs. Its the stupidity of this national craze of *cop hating* that has popped up over the last couple of years. Its the lovely attitude of the *fine upstanding citizenry* that are behind movements like BLM etc that foster hatred and ignorance that are to truly blame. With all the hatred recently, LEAs are getting more and more paranoid and thinking that encrypting comms will give more protection. Please.... If the idiots want to really go insane, encryption wont matter. These thugs will just cause an crime, and then wait for the cops to show up.

Blackswan73

I have always felt the should be a mandatory delay on all live feeds of Police, Fire, and EMS transmissions. At the minimum a five minute delay for personnel safety, and security. This is just common sense. If it doesn't happen soon, it won't be long before before nobody will be able to monitor these transmissions and scanning will become a thing of the past. My area is already talking about using encryption because of the live feeds, and real time posts on social media.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator

usswood

Hey, lets get one thing straight...we don't have a BLM movement or problem here! These were white individuals that have problems with the THPD here in Terre Haute! We have an uncontrollable Meth problem here in the Wabash Valley and more than a few people strung out here! Plus only a few years back now a THPD officer died in the line of duty serving a warrant during the day at the hands of a white individual! These were White guys showing up threatening officers and has/had nothing to do with any National movement!

Status
Not open for further replies.