Terre Haute Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have noticed that THPD went quiet , also I can understand why too . But I think in my opinion that to be Safe for our Terre Haute Police and West Terre Haute Police , Vigo County Sheriff , also ISU Police should go Encryption Digital

usswood

I have noticed that THPD went quiet , also I can understand why too . But I think in my opinion that to be Safe for our Terre Haute Police and West Terre Haute Police , Vigo County Sheriff , also ISU Police should go Encryption Digital

Give it some time and at least the Sheriff will probably be ENC full-time, THPD Chief is running for Sheriff and will win with no Republican challenger, so there you go... Expect the Sheriff to go ENC sometime next year!

These Public Safety Apps are killing off departments that have ENC at their fingertips! Not good for us in the scanning hobby, but hey broadcast for all to hear, especially the criminals that don't have to (and most of the time) can't program one of the new scanners on the market to hear!

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I been thinking about something that is been on mind is that is possibly that could THPD and WTHPD , VCSPD , ISUPD go Encryption Digital which they are Digital already

SCPD

QRT
I see that THPD DISP , WTHPD OPS , ISUPD DISP , ISUPD TAC , VCSPD DISP , VCSPD TALK , VCSPD OPS , VCSPD CID and HUFPD TAC are still Digital ,also the rest of THPD is Digital Encryption .But just have to wait to see what happens

SCPD

QRT
Give it some time and at least the Sheriff will probably be ENC full-time, THPD Chief is running for Sheriff and will win with no Republican challenger, so there you go... Expect the Sheriff to go ENC sometime next year!

These Public Safety Apps are killing off departments that have ENC at their fingertips! Not good for us in the scanning hobby, but hey broadcast for all to hear, especially the criminals that don't have to (and most of the time) can't program one of the new scanners on the market to hear!

I think that they should switch to Encryption Digital , also for Safety of our Police Officers

SCPD

QRT
I don't understand something I been listen to Radio Scanner WTHPD DISP is quiet not sure why

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
You need to report this thread to get it closed. Look at the TRIANGLE with exclamation mark....

SCPD

QRT
Everyone what's to know if Terre Haute Police Dispatch has been switch to TAC 1 or has been switch to Digital Encryption Terre Haute Police Dispatch . Questions people are asking about it

jamesa53

If they have gone quiet, what do you think that means? Question answered.

WA9THI

Master Radio Tech
Feed Provider
Good morning, THPD has flipped the switch. There is two sides to this. I feel general dispatch should be open to the public.

DJ11DLN

I haven't attempted to monitor the channels with privacy on them but I've had zero hits on Dispatch in the last couple of weeks so I suspect they're just using Tact 1. This would give them an out for interoperability because Dispatch would still be in the clear...just not used. They could hold that up to anybody complaining that now they can't communicate effectively with other agencies. And we all know there are ways around that anyway...

usswood

Good morning, THPD has flipped the switch. There is two sides to this. I feel general dispatch should be open to the public.

1. What is the other side?

2. I think we all feel it should be open to the public, and it has been until scanner apps opened it up without any equipment to program or own.

3. What else can they do if knuckle heads are following units around at night because they are wired (high) with no job and only mischief on their mind?

DJ11DLN

And more...

Heard earlier tonight, a Trooper asking Putnamville Radio to contact THPD for info because he could see lights and thought that they might be involved in a foot pursuit, but "I can't monitor their traffic."

Yeah, that privacy is a wonderful thing, ain't it?:roll:

c_snyder

I doubt it. It is a department - to - department choice. THPD chose to do it because of a specific problem.

drdiesel1

I doubt it. It is a department - to - department choice. THPD chose to do it because of a specific problem.

I'd guess one department being incompatible would cause inter-opt issues, especially FDs and maybe the county, and motivate the others to follow. But I hope your right!

Status
Not open for further replies.