Terre Haute's Radio Provider in TROUBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightFox

I can see where this could be disturbing but (atleast the way the article sounded) the city received their equipment without issue. Yes they were deceptive on the forms but he did his time for the crimes.

uwunitwn

Yes the city recieved their equipment, that is mobiles and portable a BUT CRS owns the tower, land , infrastructure, antenna, and every other piece of equipment that the City Police,Fire, EMS, Air Port,Hospitals, Parks uses. They, that is CRS has complete control over the entire Pubic Safety system. The "City" doesn't even have access to the site if something does go wrong. Take July 12,2006 the city's 911 went down for over an hour and what did the city do. They had to call CRS to come in and work to get their own system up and running. I find it terrible that the City of Terre Haute, (who knew) let this go on for so long. I mean really do we want convicted felon's having any type of access to our public safety communication systems. Gee what will happen next.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
This is why they need to scrap the EDACS system and become truly interoperable with the county and the rest of Indiana.

It's called Project Hoosier SAFE-T.

What's even more amazing is that in a CENTRALIZED dispatch office, the county radios are on the statewide Project Hoosier SAFE-T system and the city radios are EDACS. While a "black box" bridge is an attempt at interoperability, it's not the same as everyone using the same radios/system.

This DOES NOT make sense and who knows what will happen in the event of a major disaster.

GTO_04

uwunitwn said:
Yes the city recieved their equipment, that is mobiles and portable a BUT CRS owns the tower, land , infrastructure, antenna, and every other piece of equipment that the City Police,Fire, EMS, Air Port,Hospitals, Parks uses. They, that is CRS has complete control over the entire Pubic Safety system. The "City" doesn't even have access to the site if something does go wrong. Take July 12,2006 the city's 911 went down for over an hour and what did the city do. They had to call CRS to come in and work to get their own system up and running. I find it terrible that the City of Terre Haute, (who knew) let this go on for so long. I mean really do we want convicted felon's having any type of access to our public safety communication systems. Gee what will happen next.

How ironic, that a convicted felon would have complete access to the public safety radio system there. Yet they just had to have ProVoice and/or encryption!

GTO_04

Status
Not open for further replies.