Terrible repair support

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCHarris

Sent my 436 in for repair work. Unit delivered to repair center 6 June per UPS tracking; Unidentifiable never acknowledged receipt. Since repair not under warranty, included my credit card info for repairs/return shipping. I expected an extended repair time; what I did not expect was an letter requesting payment in 20 days or they would dispose of my scanner. A call to the repair center stated my credit card info was not accepted due to info did not match billing address. OK; however, an on-line check of my card transactions showed that $89.95 HAD been sent to Uniden. Another call to repair center, I was told one attempt to bill card had been made, rejected for same reason as previously stated. I explained that payment HAD been made, by this time by the actual monthly statement. The lady on the other end ONCE AGAIN told me card had been rejected, but she requested/was given my billing address; she told me she would notify the warehouse and assured me scanner would be sent it. Another week goes by; another call to repair center day. Person answering told me the same story of the card being rejected, even though I have TWO forms of proof the transaction has gone through. Each time I have spoken to someone (3 times now) I have given them the SRO number. Today I was told they have no record of my having contacted them. My payment cleared 10 July; 3 weeks later, I still have no scanner. Has anyone else had similar BAD service from the repair center?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Sent my 436 in for repair work. Unit delivered to repair center 6 June per UPS tracking; Unidentifiable never acknowledged receipt. Since repair not under warranty, included my credit card info for repairs/return shipping. I expected an extended repair time; what I did not expect was an letter requesting payment in 20 days or they would dispose of my scanner. A call to the repair center stated my credit card info was not accepted due to info did not match billing address. OK; however, an on-line check of my card transactions showed that $89.95 HAD been sent to Uniden. Another call to repair center, I was told one attempt to bill card had been made, rejected for same reason as previously stated. I explained that payment HAD been made, by this time by the actual monthly statement. The lady on the other end ONCE AGAIN told me card had been rejected, but she requested/was given my billing address; she told me she would notify the warehouse and assured me scanner would be sent it. Another week goes by; another call to repair center day. Person answering told me the same story of the card being rejected, even though I have TWO forms of proof the transaction has gone through. Each time I have spoken to someone (3 times now) I have given them the SRO number. Today I was told they have no record of my having contacted them. My payment cleared 10 July; 3 weeks later, I still have no scanner. Has anyone else had similar BAD service from the repair center?

Maybe the bad service was from your credit card company? Have you given them a call?

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I had a similar issue (not with Uniden) when I used a debit card to pay. I stopped by my credit union that issued my debit card and asked them to run it down. They did and corrected the issue. But it took a month while the payment cleared other banks. Call your credit card people. Then tell Uniden the credit card people are working the issue and as soon as you learn anything you will pass it along. It could be you both are right... you DID pay the bill... they just haven’t been paid yet because the payment is still working it’s way through the banking system.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Agree that fraud is costly but the info may not have been conflicting... one says they paid and the other says they were not paid. Both could be true when you consider the lag in time as the banking industry routes the payment.

DCHarris

Maybe the bad service was from your credit card company? Have you given them a call?
My credit card statement showed it was paid 10 July 20; this was explained to Uniden 3 different times to 3 different people, but they all claimed their records showed it had been declined. I sent Uniden a copy of my statement showing they had been paid; FINALLY got my scanner back today. No apologies, not even an e-mail saying my scanner was being shipped back to me. POOR SERVICE!

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
If they took the word of everybody that sent a scanner in that said it was paid they would go broke. You owe them so it is your place to show prof
as they have a printout from the credit card machine saying declined again not their fault.

DCHarris

All is resolved now. My credit card info IS up to date. Uniden was saying my address and credit card info did not match; this was even AFTER The second call when I told them my billing address, which I had included with the scanner when I sent it for repair initially. A week after I told them on the phone my billing address, they still could not complete the transaction. I guess it is a possibility the transaction took a while to register, but 3 weeks? Anyway, I finally got my scanner back, so all’s good.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Anyway, I finally got my scanner back, so all’s good.

It would not make any sense that Uniden wouldn't not accept your money provided there wasn't a problem or risk of some kind. All things considered I think they handled the quagmire well regardless of what caused it. Repair techs might not be as smooth in social graces as sales people. They did their job in a reasonable amount of time.

himages

All is resolved now. My credit card info IS up to date. Uniden was saying my address and credit card info did not match; this was even AFTER The second call when I told them my billing address, which I had included with the scanner when I sent it for repair initially. A week after I told them on the phone my billing address, they still could not complete the transaction. I guess it is a possibility the transaction took a while to register, but 3 weeks? Anyway, I finally got my scanner back, so all’s good.
It maybe a similar thing with me...not with Uniden, but another scanner company. I tried in vain to process my debit card to accept payment....even went to the credit union to "ok payment to *** company" and they did. YET, when I came home from work, I again tried and nope! wont process. I was about to give up when another reputable firm finally got their stock......so, I tried this company and by next week, I get an early xmas gift. My advice is to be "cool about the situation....especially nowadays with the economy and covid19"......everybodys under EXTREME pressure and once you give them attitude, they will NOT be nice to you......

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
Years ago, Uniden lost my old BC-210. It was delivered, and then they couldn't find it. Then they said it was fixed before they lost it. I was told they would be sending something to replace it, and I think it was a refurbed BC-590XLT, or something like that. Long time ago. About 6 weeks after I got the replacement, the 210 showed up, fixed and ready to go. I called and they said to give it to someone who needed it, and I gave it to a scannerless friend. I kept the 590XLT for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.