Terrorist Cell Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalCarnage

Just got back from the DRP Pickering Station where they have brought approximatly 10 or more suspects of a terrorist cell. Heard a little chatter about it on the OPP waves, but of course no scanning of DRP. Check out the news frequencys, they are very busy with this one. Was quite a sight, lots of ETF armed with automatic assualt rifles and such, they also had a line of about 10 vehicles with the suspects in them, i am going to host some video clips i took on my website tomorrow...

mancow

Database Admin
I think it's interesting how you hear all these stories about terrorists being captured in Canada and the UK but never the US.

It makes you wonder just how much they are keeping us in the dark here.

JoeyC

Yes, thank GOD the media doesn't have their noses in absolutely EVERYTHING, otherwise we'd be in deeper doodoo than we already are....

turbo77577

canada

Mounties make arrests for "terrorism" offenses Fri Jun 2, 11:46 PM ET

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said on Friday that it arrested a number of individuals in the Toronto area for "terrorism-related offenses."
"The operation is on-going," said Corporal Michele Paradis, spokeswoman for the Mounties.
Paradis declined to offer details on the nature of charges or provide a specific number of those detained in the police operation, which was conducted with the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), Canada's main intelligence agency.
The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation said at least 8 people were taken into custody and more than 100 police officers were involved in the sweep.
Those individuals arrested on Friday were being held by authorities in the city of Pickering, a Toronto suburb.
The mounted police said it planned to hold a news conference on Saturday morning in Toronto to provide details, but would not comment further until then, Paradis said.
Earlier this week, Canada's spy service admitted it couldn't track down many domestic terror suspects, and warned that the country faced an increasing threat from "home-grown terrorists" who are assimilated into society.
Jack Hooper, deputy director of operations at CSIS, said the service was trying to keep track of "350 high-level targets" as well as 50 to 60 organizations thought to be linked to groups such as al-Qaeda.
"We know who and where some of them are," he told the Senate's national defense committee on Monday in Ottawa.
Both the current and previous directors of the CSIS have said over the last two years that an attack by militants inside Canada is inevitable.

MetalCarnage

So apparently they were also in possesion of about 3 tons of ammonium nitrate, the oklahoma city bombing only used about 1 ton....one of there targets was the CN Tower, do you think a couple tons of Amm. Nitrate could level the CN Tower? I think it would need more then that unless they were able to place the explosives strategically inside, otherwise, parking a truck outside, i dont think the blast would be strong enough to get through that much concrete and steel. Either way, was pretty cool to be there while they were loading them in, was really busy, we beat the news crews there though, global and cp24 didnt show up until about an hour after us...

hastingsmedic

Don't know...

Well, that's a bit scary... The Feds were supposed to be clamping down on the sale of large quantities of Amm. Nitrate. Of course, the gun registry was supposed to save lives too...

I gotta say that if 1 ton of ANFO was used in Oklahoma, then 3 tons would probably be more than enough to take out one of the "legs" on the CN tower.

Hastingsmedic

jellotor

MetalCarnage said:
...them, i am going to host some video clips i took on my website tomorrow...

Have any problems with the cops hassling you for being there with a camera? This may have been one time when they may not have been too keen on members of the general public hanging around...

Just curious, really.

rhutch

hastingsmedic said:
Well, that's a bit scary... The Feds were supposed to be clamping down on the sale of large quantities of Amm. Nitrate. Of course, the gun registry was supposed to save lives too...

I gotta say that if 1 ton of ANFO was used in Oklahoma, then 3 tons would probably be more than enough to take out one of the "legs" on the CN tower.

Hastingsmedic

Probably not ,the blast mechanics are totally different. The CN tower for the most part is a massive reinforced concrete structure with a very unusual shape not like a big flat wall. Also there really isn't much near it to direct the balst towards it. Probably would have done more damage around the tower than to the actual tower itself. There are lots of better targets than the tower which really has a limited amount of human traffic inside or around it as compared to some other targets.

jellotor

rhutch said:
Probably not ,the blast mechanics are totally different. The CN tower for the most part is a massive reinforced concrete structure with a very unusual shape not like a big flat wall. Also there really isn't much near it to direct the balst towards it. Probably would have done more damage around the tower than to the actual tower itself. There are lots of better targets than the tower which really has a limited amount of human traffic inside or around it as compared to some other targets.

However Union Station is shaped somewhat like a big, flat wall...

MetalCarnage

rhutch said:

Exactly what i was getting at...

Status
Not open for further replies.