Test for P25 Decode Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
For some reason(s) some TGs on my BDC996XT have the loud hammer sound (growl if you prefer) and some don't. It can last for a couple seconds. It is such an annoyance it makes monitoring difficult. Is it a matter of adjusting P25 settings or is it something else? Appreciate your help.

You may also look at signal strength or even desense from a very near frequency that is not always present and causing intermittent problems. Look in your area for a frequency near your receive channel lock a second scanner on the near frequency and monitor both for the problem.

W6KRU

For some reason(s) some TGs on my BDC996XT have the loud hammer sound (growl if you prefer) and some don't. It can last for a couple seconds. It is such an annoyance it makes monitoring difficult. Is it a matter of adjusting P25 settings or is it something else? Appreciate your help.

I suggest starting your own thread for your problem instead of hijacking this thread that is about x36 scanners.

BCasto

Premium Subscriber
Hijacking

Didn't intend to hijack and thought a discussion about p25 decoding might be appropriate. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.