Test Selected Frequencies Failing on P25RX

Status
Not open for further replies.

dispatchgeek

Control channel goes "brrrrr"
Between the cornfields and the pastures, Michigan.
I am experiencing a new problem mid day that I have not experienced yet. We had some control channel shifts from primaries to alternates today as a result of scheduled site maintenance. I used DB search and noticed for the most part, the test function is failing to work as it has. It is not discovering signal on almost all of the sites I normally get CC and voice traffic on. This is the odd part: I can manually input the frequency into the P25 Frequency field on the P25RX config tab and get great decode on the sites testing "NOSIG"

1. Noticed on 2-10 1045, Also downgraded to 1-31 0648 with the same result.
2. Factory reset did not remedy the issue.
3. Antenna system is fine, reception is great when manually set.
4. Search worked this morning, broke at some point this afternoon.

I'm fairly stumped by this one. Any ideas?

Last edited:

FreqNout

Running 2022-02-07-0014 here on my p25rx. Test freq button seems to work here until I remove my antenna. Just my local experience.

goldmyne99

Also running 0207-0014. I just ran a number of tests with good results on my list of P25 Control Channels.

btt

Banned
Banned
I am experiencing a new problem mid day that I have not experienced yet. We had some control channel shifts from primaries to alternates today as a result of scheduled site maintenance. I used DB search and noticed for the most part, the test function is failing to work as it has. It is not discovering signal on almost all of the sites I normally get CC and voice traffic on. This is the odd part: I can manually input the frequency into the P25 Frequency field on the P25RX config tab and get great decode on the sites testing "NOSIG"

1. Noticed on 2-10 1045, Also downgraded to 1-31 0648 with the same result.
2. Factory reset did not remedy the issue.
3. Antenna system is fine, reception is great when manually set.
4. Search worked this morning, broke at some point this afternoon.

I'm fairly stumped by this one. Any ideas?

Try manually tuning to a control channel and while it is working correctly, write the configuration. Does that make a difference? Also check the reference frequency to see if it got reset for some reason.

dispatchgeek

Reference frequency is still accurate to the printed label. I wrote the roaming flash with two known good control channels. It's roaming perfectly now. Frequency test revealed all the usual sites to be working this time, but now with two false P25CC positives peppered in. The false positives change with each test. If I test one of those individually, it comes up "NOSIG."

Frequency Test works with a known good site. It appears to fail when the site in the primary is offline. (Primary site was entirely offline for maintenance.)

The false positive is new on me.

dispatchgeek

Alright, confirmed my idea by putting a bogus channel in the primary, writing config and then doing a Frequency Search/Test. This causes a majority of normally good frequencies to fail testing. The false positive still showed up, this time showing two control channels at the same site.

Reactions: btt

goldmyne99

Alright, confirmed my idea by putting a bogus channel in the primary, writing config and then doing a Frequency Search/Test. This causes a majority of normally good frequencies to fail testing. The false positive still showed up, this time showing two control channels at the same site.
I tested here with a bogus channel saved in config. DB Search freq tests are working. About 100 freqs tested. All known CC found. Just another data point for Todd.

Reactions: btt

btt

Banned
Banned
Thanks for the extra testing and information. I'll get that fixed in the next release. As you know, I've been working on scanning lately. The issues I've run into with that have some things in common to these issues with the tests. The false positives at the beginning of the test, for example, are related to delayed processing of buffered bits from a previous channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.