Testers For Scanner Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I am in the early stages for developing Scanner Force and I am looking for testers to test Scanner Force and give recommendations.

Description:

v1.0.0
Scanner Force is allows you to listen to feeds streamed on Radio Reference. The player will constantly update the amount of active listeners (every minute), allow you to minimize the player to the System tray, and even allow you to set alerts when a feed goes above or below a certain amount of listeners.

v1.0.1
This version of Scanner Force will follow v1.0.0 shortly after its release and will include additional features like adding feeds to a playlist and using the previous and next buttons to switch between feeds in the playlist. This version will also create a new file extension (.sff for Scanner Force File and .sfp for Scanner Force Playlist). With this, you can create playlists to share with others and bookmarks (desktop?) for feeds.

Click Here to send me a PM if you are interested in testing Scanner Force.

SCPD

QRT
For the current testers (and future):

At the moment, alerts are causing the program to freeze (audio still plays but program is frozen) so I have disabled all alerts except one that shows when you start the feed and shows the amount of listeners. I hope to have this fixed soon (possibly by multithreading).

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I'm interested in beta testing - sounds like a great idea!

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
For the current testers (and future):

At the moment, alerts are causing the program to freeze (audio still plays but program is frozen) so I have disabled all alerts except one that shows when you start the feed and shows the amount of listeners. I hope to have this fixed soon (possibly by multithreading).

Looks familiar. I think I'll take a look at the original, but thanks for the offer. http://forums.radioreference.com/st...g/169178-testers-needed-scannerlive-beta.html

KC9WWH

Works good so far. One thing that would be nice to see is an automatic reconnect feature. I've noticed that after and hour or two the feed will disconnect, so having the ability for the program to automatically reconnect would be pretty sweet.

~Josh

SCPD

QRT
Works good so far. One thing that would be nice to see is an automatic reconnect feature. I've noticed that after and hour or two the feed will disconnect, so having the ability for the program to automatically reconnect would be pretty sweet.

~Josh
Good idea. I'll look into that!

SCPD

QRT

~Josh
It looks like the only option right now is to add a setting to where the feed will automatically reconnect when stopped (which means if you click stop or pause, it will reconnect). That would be on the options section. This "COULD" be corrected by moving away from Windows Media Player and buying a license for a media player, but these cost around $100... so that might be awhile until this product makes money. One thing that would help me is if you could tell me if you see any error messages or what the status bar says (example, stopped or ready, or even playing even though it isn't).

KC9WWH

It looks like the only option right now is to add a setting to where the feed will automatically reconnect when stopped (which means if you click stop or pause, it will reconnect). That would be on the options section. This "COULD" be corrected by moving away from Windows Media Player and buying a license for a media player, but these cost around $100... so that might be awhile until this product makes money. One thing that would help me is if you could tell me if you see any error messages or what the status bar says (example, stopped or ready, or even playing even though it isn't).

Cool, but I can see where that option could be a pain to others who actually want to shut it off :) The only reason I ask is I have a netbook that I usually just leave a feed up on so I can always have it in the background and when ever I hear tones go off, I usually turn it up to see whats going on.

And yes, when I get back home tonight I will watch the status bar to see what the messages are when its playing and once it has stopped. As for error's, the only one I had was right after install it would say that it couldn't play the feed and it must be offline, yet the status window show'd it online, but wouldn't allow you to press play. But, all this was resolved after a reboot.

~Josh

SCPD

QRT
I've noticed that too and quite strange. If it keeps happening let me know! I may have to switch away from Windows Media player and get a non-commercial player license and release the product once I get the commercial license. I just like the design that Windows Media Player gives.

SCPD

QRT
I would like to make an update to all that I will be releasing a new player (UI looks almost identical, but the audio should sound better and be more stable). I will send a PM when v1.0.0.1 is online.

SCPD

QRT
I have published a new revision to this project (v1.0.0.1) and this will be much more stable than the previous version. The download URL (same as last one) will be PMed to everybody involved. I am still accepting applicants as I have not received much feed back from current testers.

Change Log:

v1.0.0.0
This was the first release.

v1.0.0.1
* The old Windows Media Player was replaced with an improved audio library and a new player UI was created from scratch.

SCPD

QRT
I license from RadioReference and pay them a royalty when this is in production. At the moment, this is beta or Alpha.

Status
Not open for further replies.