Testing Bergen & Rockland County Proscan Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRHKY94

Hello:

I set-up a live feed for Bergen County & parts of "Rockland County" on Proscan. I'm looking for some folks to take the feed for a test run and let me know how it sounds. You will need to have the free Proscan client installed on your PC in order to access the feed. The free client can be downloaded at http://www.proscan.org/

After installing the Proscan client, just double click on my server name in the list that loads in the client: bergenrockland.dyndns.org and click start. There are no firewall or configuration issues on the client side when using Proscan. In addition, users will see the actual LCD of the Uniden BC796D scanner I'm using for the feed, including the department name & frequency.

Below a list of the departments I am "currently" streaming. Even though the majority of the departments are in Bergen County NJ, I thought I would post this on the NY forum as well for those in Rockland County that might be interested. While I'm open to suggestions for adding/deleting departments from the feed, I do have a personal preference for monitoring the majority of what is listed below because I used to live in this area (Valley Cottage). Nonetheless, feel free to send me a PM if you want me to consider adding/deleting something.

Bergen County Police & Fire:
Allendale
Fair Lawn
Franklin Lakes
HoHoKus
Mahwah
Oakland
Pal Pkwy
Paramus
Park Ridge
Ramsey
Ridgewood
Saddle River
Upper Saddle River
Woodcliff Lake
Wyckoff

Rockland County Police:
Clarkstown
Orangetown
Ramapo
South Nyack
Suffern

NYRHKY94

FYI - In case anyone is interested, the feed is also being streamed to http://all.nj.scanamerica.us/index.php, however that one is "audio" only (no alpha tags). No software however is needed for that feed, in case that matters to folks.

P.S. Based on my test results so far, this feed will likely be 95% Bergen County based. Rockland reception is relatively poor, as I only have a back of set antenna at this point. That may change down the road, but not for a while as this is a remote operation for me (i.e. stream equipment is in NJ, but I live in NH). Sorry about that!

Thanks - Mike

NYRHKY94

I already have the following frequencies programmed into the feed for Saddle River. If they are wrong or there is a different frequency for the squad you want to hear, please let me know. I would be glad to add it.

Saddle River EMS 155.205 (136.5)
Saddle River EMS 153.770 (131.8)

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Mike: Saddle River and Upper Saddle River FD and Saddle River Valley Rescue are dispatched on 151.0775 123.0, 155.2050 136.5 is being used as the input now. There are several simplex fireground frequencies also, let me know if you want to add them PM me and I will give you them as I have SRV Rescue's radio plan.

medic25

As a new member here, I just wanted to say thanks for the feed. I'm a former medic from Rockland Co., and it is pretty cool to hear my old unit being dispatched again. This is the only feed I've found so far that has Rockland EMS online.

NYRHKY94

Medic25:

Glad you like the feed. I put it up because I used to live in the Valley Cottage/Nyack area and missed hearing Clarkstown PD and the other departments around there. I have family in Bergen County also, so that's why the feed is split-up between Bergen & Rockland. Controlling the feed remotely from New Hampshire is the best part for me :)

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Mike

medic25

Very cool setup. I've heard a lot of Ramapo EMS, but I don't think I've heard Clarkstown or Orangetown EMS dispatch. Are they included on this feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.