• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TETRA - clear firmware, no encryption at all ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haax

I have a few Tetra sets, all used in DMO, all mobiles and my portable have clear firmware in, no TEA of any kind.
However, In the CPS there is option to enable 'air encryption' and End to End encryption' which is enabled, and is for every contact.
I'm sure there is _some_ inherent encryption in Tetra - namely 'Air Interface encryption' - but i see no way to call another set or initiate an encrypted call or, in the CPS,
input a cipher key in the CPS after the 'air interface encryption' box is ticked and enabled.

Also I enabled 'sck' and 'dck' - this made no difference, i was unable to input a hex value in any of the fields.

Is there any way to 'get my feet wet' with even basic encryption on sets with 'clear' firmware ?
or would i need to flash firmware with a TEA cipher in to get experimenting ?

Not really wanting to re-flash my MTP850s fug with TEA firmware in case i lose features like DMO repeater.

Ubbe

End-to-End are special software in a sim card so you have to buy that to be able to use encryption.
You can reflash firmware to any kind of TEA without loosing any options like DMO repeater. But TEA terminals needs to be registred in a euro database, in holland I think, and as I understand they only do it to new terminals. So I do not know if you actually can have someone to flash your tetra terminals legally to TEA to be able to use sck and dck keys.

/Ubbe

Haax

Excellent, That's interesting, that answered questions that for weeks i have been looking for clarification on, so many Thanks Ubbe. Much appreciated. i thought i was doing something wrong, and reading many Tetra pdf over and over again was not providing me an answer, just headaches.
Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.