SDR# TETRA Demodulator Trunk Tracking Demonstration

thewraith2008

nothing here to quote
Would it kill you to provide a few lines about your set-up and how it's used and configured. I'm not a mind reader.
Also, you forgot the other half of error report as indicated in the top line of the dialog in image.

Latest version (v1.7.0.0) can be found here: Release post

tomekjkp

Looks like some 'D_Setup' PDUs you are seeing are not containing one of the expected elements and therefore are not initiating a call setup.

I think I fixed the problem that causes this issue a week or so ago.
I try and compile a test version for you to try and send you a link if I can get sometime.

Could you also send me this version for checking? For some time I have a similar problem as a colleague and I had to go back to TTT 1.6

rabrol

Premium Subscriber
Hmm - I installed the new version, complete with new versions of SDR# (v1700).
As per the instructions, although the 2 SDR# instances are in different folders, the shortcut tells the second one to start in folder 1.

Set up the config in Demodulator to TTT ports 3383 & 3384.
TTT set to Dual mode with CC Park set.

Both SDR instances start fine.
TTT starts in Dual mode, sees both SDRs and gives 3 green lights.
HOWEVER - CC & VC are not appearing on the titles.
TTT does not pick up the MCC & MNC values.
Netork Info boxes do not appear.
TTT gives messages "WDT : Did not see expected response from VC SDR#"

If I switch to single mode, it works, although the demodulated audio is poor and very broken, unlike the much older version I was using. I am directing audio from both SDR# to VB Cable.

I've probably made a basic mistake somewhere, but can't see it after playing around for a couple of hours.
Anyone got an idea?

thewraith2008

Hmm - I installed the new version, complete with new versions of SDR# (v1700).
As per the instructions, although the 2 SDR# instances are in different folders, the shortcut tells the second one to start in folder 1.
For TTT dual mode, the CC and VC SDR# must be started from same folder. (As per the instructions)
When this is done, the plug-in will determine the two roles (CC/VC) for each running SDR#.

Set up the config in Demodulator to TTT ports 3383 & 3384.
TTT set to Dual mode with CC Park set.
Only need one port number. e.g. 3383
This port # is a base port number, the plug-in determines other port number to use (if needed) based on the SDR# role.
Remember to make sure to enable: 'TTT Mode Enable' in both SDR# that are running.

Choppy audio can mean many things.
Check SDR# > Audio > Latency value (about 40-60mS), adjust to see what works for you.

rabrol

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick reply.

When you say the SDR# must be started from the same folder, what exactly does that mean? When I placed 2 copies of SDRSharp executable in the 1 folder (with different names), it through errors and would not start. So I created 2 separate directories, but in the shortcut I set SDR# 2 to begin in the SDR# 1 location. Perhaps I have not correctly understood how to do this. So right now I have
c:/SDR1
c:/SDR2

2 shortcuts on desktop. SDR1 shortcut calls SDR# from SDR1 folder. SDR2 shortcut calls SDR# 2 but instructs it to start in SDR1 folder.

Regarding the ports, when I start SDR# 2, it requires a port. If I leave it at 3383 I receive a network error, since the port is in use by SDR1.

Lastly - I sorted the audio issue. A problem on my end with a rogue Zello VOX setting. Audio is 100%!

Kazzaw

Database Admin
You need to run c:/SDR1 sdrsharp.exe twice. Double click, let it open, double click again

Your SDR2 folder is not needed. You need to run both instances (both Sdrsharp.exe) twice from the one folder location.

rabrol

Premium Subscriber
You need to run c:/SDR1 sdrsharp.exe twice. Double click, let it open, double click again

Your SDR2 folder is not needed. You need to run both instances (both Sdrsharp.exe) twice from the one folder location.

BOOM! That was the issue. Thanks Kazzaw. Good to have it working better again now! And thanks again @thewraith2008 for the great software.

lunakk

Probably not.
Your not going to get text messages there most likely.
It's probably some bit of hardware sending status back to whoever.
Structure is unknown so you really don't known how to interpret what the data is.

Hi,
I have question regarding using "procotolID" parameter from TETRA_sds_unknown_protocol, for Simple_location_system
I can see messages in format like this:

Code:
12:05:14 - SSI:XXXXXXXX D_SDS_Data Party_SSI:XXXXXXX Type:UDT-4 Length:192 Protocol:Simple_location_system LocationSystemCodingScheme:User defined (128 = unknown data) DATA:'000000111000000000010011000101000010001100101101001101000001111101000010001100101010000101010010010110100100011100110001010011101110111100001110001100010101100111011110010100000000010100000011'

What exactly should be "procotolID" in this example?
I tried few combinations like:
Code:
XXX;XXXX;Simple_location_system LocationSystemCodingScheme:User defined (128 = unknown data);e0,r0
XXX;XXXX;Simple_location_system;e0,r0
XXX;XXXX;User defined (128 = unknown data)e0,r0

In other messages with different protocol i can get output if format "Converted unknown protocol: "
but in this case it's doing nothing.

Any ideas?
THX.

Regards.

thewraith2008

Hi,
I have question regarding using "procotolID" parameter from TETRA_sds_unknown_protocol, for Simple_location_system
I can see messages in format like this:
"procotolID" is the text shown after 'Protocol:'
So your line shows: Protocol:Simple_location_system

What exactly should be "procotolID" in this example? - If you could use it it would be this:
Code:
XXX;XXXX;Simple_location_system;e0,r0

The thing is the 'Unknown protocol ID handling' does not work at this time for the 'Simple_location_system' when the 'LocationSystemCodingScheme' is of an unknown type.
I could probably add it, but current events are affecting the time I can spend on projects at the moment.

grosminet

Hello
Would it be possible to have an other program than SDRSHARP that allow TETRA decoding through others SDR software (hdsdr, ...) and to allow us to use other SDR than airspy or rtl sdr . Pluto SDR, SDRplay, Ettus , limesdr aren't working under SDRSHARP and TETRA .
thanks

thewraith2008

Hello
Would it be possible to have an other program than SDRSHARP that allow TETRA decoding through others SDR software (hdsdr, ...) and to allow us to use other SDR than airspy or rtl sdr . Pluto SDR, SDRplay, Ettus , limesdr aren't working under SDRSHARP and TETRA .
thanks
No.
Other programs do not have a 3rd party plug-in API.
SDRPlay SDRUno is in the process of adding a API plug-in interface but it's far from what SDR# offers.

hello,
how to pipe sdrsharp/TTT to wireshark.
thanks
Usage of output from SNDCP protocol to Wireshark is covered in the changelog.txt for plug-in under 'v1.0.20.0'

antobernal85

Hello, I have a problem with the program I get: WDT:Did see expected response from CC SDR#
how can I solve it? tanks

antobernal85

buenas ya no me sale ese mensaje si recibo pero no todas y el lrrp no me va y estoy un poco liado gracias de antemano

thewraith2008

25th Public Release - TETRA Trunk Tracker and TETRA Demodulator plug-in - v1.7.1.0

Please note that TTT and TETRA Demodulator plug-in has some new experimental changes and requires all components to be updated.
I suggest creating a new SDR# and TTT folder for this version.
Please read the changelog for usage procedures for any new and experimental stuff.

This package (version) of TETRA Trunk Tracker and TETRA Demodulator plug-in (with codec libtetradec.dll) are only meant to be used
with each other and with no other previous versions. To do so will cause issues.

TETRA Demodulator plug-in has been updated by me. "Tweaked Edition (Unofficial) v1.7.1.0"
This is required to be used with TETRA Trunk Tracker v1.7.1.0. Please read the documentation files in zip for plug-in.

This plug-in version changes/adds and fixes some items:
Code:
Summary of changes:

v1.7.1.0

Updated documentation

CHANGED: More tweaking of the experimental show encrypted "call" details
Fixed: Various DMO code
Fixed: Various TMO code
FIXED: Error in LLC PDU: Supplementary PDU - AL-X-UDATA/AL-X-UFINAL
FIXED: Usage element was not transferred to reconstructed fragmented PDU in MAC.
CHANGES: MM Protocol
CHANGED: MAC protocol - de-fragmentation
CHANGED: Network Info > Calls tab - Increase minimum column width for 'Groups' and 'TXer'
CHANGED: Some error trapping in the early PDU processing stages to help hunt down an elusive error.

see 'changelog.txt' in plug-in archive for full list and details.

If SDR# is crashing when 'Demodulator' is enabled, it's because you have not set-up the plug-in correctly.
You MUST do this 1st. This is NOT TETRA Trunk Trackers fault.

You generally need to get these installed:
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 (Offline Installer)"
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 (Offline Installer)"
"Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable" and install both 32/64 bit versions (if you use 64 bit OS)

This TETRA Trunk Tracker version changes/adds and fixes some items:
Code:
Summary of changes:

Updated documentation

CHANGED: TCP error reporting
CHANGED: Now Playing - Various

see 'changelog.txt' in TTT archive for full list and details.

Has been tested on Windows 7 - Basic (64 bit)
Has been tested on Windows 7 - Professional SP1 (32 bit), English
Has been tested on Windows 10 - Professional (64 bit)

I have created it to suit my needs. And it currently works for me with the TETRA network I monitor.
I make no claim that it will work for other networks.
Please read the provided files for set-up and usage:

• TTT_set-up_manual.pdf
  • TTT_Features_and_Usage.pdf
  • TETRA_Demodulator.pdf

I have tried to be as thorough as possible with the documentation to explain usage and features.
I believe any questions can be answered by reading these files.
These files most likely are not complete and contain errors and are not laid out as good as they could be.

The TETRA plug-in is now been mainly tested with SDR# 1700 on Windows 7 Professional 32 bit with no issues seen.
The TETRA plug-in with SDR# 1700 on Windows 7-10 64 bit PCs is partly tested with no issues seen.
The TETRA plug-in with SDR# 1727+ on Windows 7-10 32/64 bit PCs is partly tested with no issues seen.

It only works with the provided TETRA plug-in supplied in zip. (2020-April-15).
This version no longer uses a custom compiled version of 'Net Remote'

It is only meant to be a temporary solution until something better comes along.

Note: This link now is to a folder that stores the download, which means the link to the location of the files will stay the same but the files in it can vary.
Download
NOTE: Use 7zip or WinRAR to extract files from the .7z file and read the .PDF files for installation and usage of files with SDR#.

MD5 HASH 48d96a7de7a05e2c1faad0d29c68e842

Iber

Hi thewraith2008, I have tested your plugin and it works well. However I miss a feature that the other russian plugin has. With the russian one it was possible to use the TETRA plugin and audio recorder in a way that the audio recorder only records when the audio is not muted, which happens when the TETRA plugin unmutes the audio.

However, if I try to do this, the audio recorder will record the undemodulated TETRA signal instead of voice.